• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

m-10 in a 06 nytro

silver600

Well i have the chance to pick up a late model m-10 with six hundred miles on it pretty cheap. And it just so happens to come in time as i broke the front arm and am not real happy with the ride period. Is it worth the time and money to put in and im pretty sure i need to get the right mount kit as it was purchased for a polaris correct? I was told it has a universal mount kit, but not so sure they ever had a universal kit.

silver600 said:
Well i have the chance to pick up a late model m-10 with six hundred miles on it pretty cheap. And it just so happens to come in time as i broke the front arm and am not real happy with the ride period. Is it worth the time and money to put in and im pretty sure i need to get the right mount kit as it was purchased for a polaris correct? I was told it has a universal mount kit, but not so sure they ever had a universal kit.

IMO I guess it all depends on what you want. People say the M10 isn't for ditchbangers or people who ride really hard and fast, and based on my M10 experiences, it is true. I'm a cruzer...many miles per day kinda guy who wants the luxo plush ride that the M10 provides.

Not sure about the universal mount kit. I heard they offfered one but I bought a Yami mount kit from Rich Motorsports.

I have a set of 136" rails for sale if you're interested.

well it doesnt sound like this is the setup im looking for then. I ride very aggressively im just tired of workin on this rear skid to keep it goin. Its got 2800 miles and its on the second front arm,numerous idlers but only the second set of hyfax. I seem to remember hearing the apex rtx front arm is beefed up from the factory and will fit this sled. Whats everyone been doing to keep the front arms from breaking?

Are you an aggressive trail rider or a ditch banger? I was extremely happy with my M-10 in both my SX and my Viper, and I'm a very aggressive trail rider. I never had any touble with it over 10000 miles, and wish now that I had not sold it with my Viper.

You can certainly set up an M-10 to be a very aggressive skid. Set the FRA stiffer which controls the shock and spring rate, and bump up the height on the overload spring and you're set for some ditch banging fun. I understand the Airwave is even more amazing.

You can get the right mounting kit right from fast for around $200.00. Comes with everything you will need to install the M-10.
Once the skid is adjusted for your weight, you will be very impressed with it.
I have a M-10 on my 01 600 Polaris Classic with 15000 miles on it and I like riding that better that my 07 Rage GT (sometimes).

The newer M-10 skids have a universal mounting kit that is supposed to work with every sled. They used to have specific $200 kits but their universal should be ok for your sled, or call FAST for more information!

Well I have the chance to pick up a 04 pro-x skid for a couple hundred bucks and think i may go this way with it. I hope that wont be a decision i will regret. I actually thought about fixing the original one, until i seen the rear arm had cracks around all the welds. Is this a good skid to put in or would i be better off with the fast. As far as riding style goes, i guess id have to say somewhere between ditch banging and aggressive trail riding so i would really like to have a skid that will handle some abuse unlike the stock one.

silver600 said:
Well I have the chance to pick up a 04 pro-x skid for a couple hundred bucks and think i may go this way with it. I hope that wont be a decision i will regret. I actually thought about fixing the original one, until i seen the rear arm had cracks around all the welds. Is this a good skid to put in or would i be better off with the fast. As far as riding style goes, i guess id have to say somewhere between ditch banging and aggressive trail riding so i would really like to have a skid that will handle some abuse unlike the stock one.

The ProX skid would be a better fit IMO. M10 is a great skid for sure and can be setup for many a rider but......it's your money.

guys i also have the chance to pick up an m10 as im selling my 159 holz rear setup, now the m10 is a 121 and i would be extending it to a 144, is it woth the $250 for really hard dicth banging and drift jumping? or should i still look for something more aggressive?

Back