• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M-10 settings for Top speed?

LydonRX-1

Veteran
My tuner tells me i will lose some top end, with the new M-10 i recently installed..can someone confirm this. Is there a setting, with this skid, that is more favourable for top-speed runs. I can always reset it for trail/rec running, after the radar-run on sunday!

How much speed is lost with this M-10?

M-10 settings for top speed

Most guys I know that run the M-10 hit a wall just over 100. Some have gotten a couple of more mph using the bigger rear wheels but this suspension was made for comfort, not top speed. Pretty sharp angles. I have been told at least 5-7 mph loss versus stock suspensions. On the Rx1, a friend told me he lost all of that, but he didn't care cause it rode so much better that the stocker. I doubt you can "adjust out" the power robbing nature of this suspension. If you find a way, let me know as I would love one of these but don't want to drop the 5-10mph loss. Good Luck.

M-10 speed

Just gear down a couple of teeth on top. Mine will see 120 on the speedo with a 136 M-10. These things are geared way too high stock. I think 1.52 to 1. 1.73 is a much better ratio. It allows the clutches to fully shift out instesd of hitting that Wall you guys are talking about. Later, Slim

I believe the approach angle is better on an M10 than it is on the pro-action.

For speed running, pull in the front limiter 1 hole and readjust track tension. run as loose as possible to prevent track ratcheting.

Back