• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M10 or M20

hereismylife

VIP Member
Been searching alot of info. Called fast and still undecided which skid.

I was told the M20 would not hold up to ditch banging...ect.ect. we run alot of corn fields in pa. Crossing roads. Ect.ect

I do haul double every once and a while.

What do you guys think?

Looking for feedback.

Thanks Joe

Been searching alot of info. Called fast and still undecided which skid.

I was told the M20 would not hold up to ditch banging...ect.ect. we run alot of corn fields in pa. Crossing roads. Ect.ect

I do haul double every once and a while.

What do you guys think?

Looking for feedback.

Thanks Joe

They both will hold up as long as you do the maintenance on them.

Thank you for the info. Hope more will chime in with more info. Hard decision spending that much money and can't get a good feeling on the 2 different ones.

Never ridden an M10 equipped sled, so my opinion may be biased. M20 rocks! Reliability for my first season was excellent. I'm using Polaris rail DuPont slide, with a 136x1.5 Intense track. Around 2700 miles for the season and minimal slide wear. I'm ALWAYS hard on my rear suspension. Bumps piss me off, so I try and beat them in to submission. Broke nothing in my rear skid all season. Only problem was a lost front mount bolt that I didn't discover until I returned home from a week long bagger trip. Redbeard made me up some new mounting plates and it's good as new. And the ride. Well, I rode Redbeards machine for about 10 miles one day. Immediately new I'd found the 4th and final skid for my sled. Yes, you read that right, FOUR. Original XTX, Venture, original revalved and Star kit. 11,000 miles searching for the right ride. Installed with onboard compressor and Fast Assault front air shocks, moguls disappear.

Never ridden an M10 equipped sled, so my opinion may be biased. M20 rocks! Reliability for my first season was excellent. I'm using Polaris rail DuPont slide, with a 136x1.5 Intense track. Around 2700 miles for the season and minimal slide wear. I'm ALWAYS hard on my rear suspension. Bumps piss me off, so I try and beat them in to submission. Broke nothing in my rear skid all season. Only problem was a lost front mount bolt that I didn't discover until I returned home from a week long bagger trip. Redbeard made me up some new mounting plates and it's good as new. And the ride. Well, I rode Redbeards machine for about 10 miles one day. Immediately new I'd found the 4th and final skid for my sled. Yes, you read that right, FOUR. Original XTX, Venture, original revalved and Star kit. 11,000 miles searching for the right ride. Installed with onboard compressor and Fast Assault front air shocks, moguls disappear.

Good to hear from you Dave

I’ll confirm the M20 air guys love their rides. I was the ‘control’ sled on that bagger ride - only one without M20and was jealous!

If your goal is smooth over bumps they got it.

Thanks guys very much for the input. I am am very undecided from the m10 to the M20. I do know what the stock skid does and also a expert x.

Why did you guys choose the M20 over the M10?

Last edited:
I have a m-20 that i had in my 06 apex gt, totally changed the sled for the better, stutters just disappeared, once you got into the 2footers the front of the sled couldn't keep up, no fault of the rear. If your lookin for a 121" i got one in E.C. with about 1500 miles on it that i would sell for

Thanks guys very much for the input. I am am very undecided from the m10 to the M20. I do know what the stock skid does and also a expert x.

Why did you guys choose the M20 over the M10?
Wish I could tell ya I have rode a M20 but I haven't … I have a M10 on my 121 apex and love it! Just spend some time understanding the adjustments on the skid (not hard) and go from there with small changes at a time! Used Fast recommended settings for my weight and then small air adjustments at a time (like 2 psi) at a time make a big difference... Call them and talk about first set up and they will get you pretty close. The M10 was less money that's why I went with it. It also has a lot les parts than the m20 and parts are a little pricey. It transformed IMO the whole sled.

One thing I didn't mention was transfer. M20 transfers pretty well. It's like a Monoshock skid set at a little tight. My recollection of reports on the M10 was that it didn't transfer at all. And as a benchmark for you, I BROKE an ExpertX skid lol. Yeah, I'm hard on parts.

Update guys. I pickup a M20.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I am waiting for more parts to get everything installed.

You won't be sorry. The best modification I have ever done to a sled was to install an M10 I bought from Dave Karpic off E-Bay. It came out of a Blade snowmobile. 136 with titanium arms and a titanium rear shock spring. On an Elka adjustable rear shock. Regular fox front shock. I installed it in my modified 2001 Cat. Even though I bought 2 new Yamaha Vectors in the last 2 years with Singleshot suspensions. It is still my favorite sled to ride. I wish Fast had found a solution to the Singleshot. But am excited about Hygears solution. I have to deal with whatever I do it it is times 2! LOL!

Last edited:

Back