• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Max Boost on Mc Xpress

As a rule of thumb with all the Turbos I did on 2 strokes, "Keep Going till She BLOWS and BACK IT OFF One Pound!" Then you know exactly the limits. However on this motor it would be some what more costly and time consuming to repair so I don't use this proven technique any more. :ORC

P.S. You do get real good at changing pistons though. :?

The question is how much can the MC produce the qustion is how much can the RX-1 motor hadle. The stock motor can Handle about 15 pounds. A decompressed motor with heavy duty rods can handle Hmmm I don't really know. I would say the limiting factor is the head gasket and bolts. I'm guess in the low 20's.

It'll probably depend on the turbo that is in your kit. according to MC-Xpress' website: 230 @ 10lb, 300 @ 17lb and 358 @ 22lb with L/C pistons and everything else stock as well as some race fuel. Email them, I am sure they will tell you what you need to know. Talk to Climbmax, he has the moset experience with it. You don't want to get too agressive...."Thar she blows"....real expensive!!!

but I thought each turbo was limited to the amount of boost it can produce. more boost .... need bigger turbo. I am thinking maybe this kit can produce 22 cause Ive never heard anyone say any higher than that.

The size of the turbo limits the boost it is capable of, yes. I think you are right with the 22 lbs. Go to the MCXpress site, there is a section where you can contact them. Tell them what you have and ask them what it is capable of, that way you know for sure. Let us know what they say.

boost

They told me if I brought the kit that pg sells moslty it would put out a little above 300 hp and if I wanted to be around the 350 range I would need the bigger turbo (3k MCX400) Did not ask them how many pounds though. So that is what I am waiting for because they have to put one of those kits together for you on a speical order type sale. :rocks:

price and size

Climbmax has the 3kMCX400 turbo from what I was told. And it was not the same as they sell. I do beleive I found this out by reading all the post on here then I emailed MC express also then called PG yamaha and had them order me a kit or I would have received the smaller one. I do beleive that ken climb has the one like you just received. He says they still rock thought, I just wanted the bigger one because I plan on going back to west to the snow drag race if it is all done, if not I will just take my little mod sled back and race it.

emailed MCX and they said my turbo was good to 330hp. I am sending my 16t back to them and about $300 for the 3k which is good for 350+hp

Bigger may not always be better, all depends what you want. Bigger turbo = more lag, lower comp = more lag. According to MCXpress, matching the turbo for the application gives the best response. Of course if all you want is lotsa horsepower and don't care about a little more lag, then bigger is better. Guess it depends what you want to do. :4STroke:

Back