• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Measured Stock '23 SRX Specs - Weight and Clutch Offset

59.3- 59.8 range where I found to be running very cool. Secondary just UNDER 100 degrees on hard pulls. I got burned trying to make mine run at the offset that was being used on early models.(did not break belt). But it was not happy. Not sure what changed in 2022 but something definitely did IMO.. I tuned the 2022 to TD MS 17 since day one. Running just over 200 gold diggers at 1.450" stock track LTX SE 1.25". XS belt. straight 38 helix/ heavy hitters 69.5 grams. B/O Dalton 6/3.. 6/3 is not enough on the BIG tunes on long hard pulls.. I can just smell my belt on TD MS 20 around 1000 feet(with chisels 1.63).. Never a issue on the smaller tunes with belt slip up top..
thanks for the info

Curious as to your measure method to get so precise..

No such thing as "should be the sweet spot". The sweet spot is found doing your temp testing. And looking at the secondary sheaves for marks
Do you set your clutches up at full shift?

Do you set your clutches up at full shift?
Yea if not the belts go bang on top end pulls.. If you spend the time testing and checking your clutches for temps and secondary marks on the inside or outside sheaves you will find the spot.. No one can say what that number is for ANY sled without testing.. No one is going to do it for you, if you want your clutching right spend the time testing. Sorry but coming on this post and saying "should be the sweet spot" is bad advise and just not true.

What changed on these sleds to make the different clutch offset.
Is the center to center on the crank stub shaft to jackshaft a different length now?

What changed on these sleds to make the different clutch offset.
Is the center to center on the crank stub shaft to jackshaft a different length now?
It did not change a lot but IMO 2022 something did.. Maybe a engineer could answer that.. Just hope its not the same guy that is in charge of the driveshaft and bearing design! Maybe someone is running a 2022 or 2023 at 57.5-58 mm with success? :dunno:..

Just checked my new 23 and found 63mm offset. Going to remove and reset stub shaft today and see where it brings me. You would think after all these years there would be some consistency

Just checked my new 23 and found 63mm offset. Going to remove and reset stub shaft today and see where it brings me. You would think after all these years there would be some consistency
Will gain you about 1mm max. If the stub shaft has moved, it can only go in a little and then the flange on the inner side is against the inner bearing.

New 23 SRX. 0 miles. Removed stub shaft and added the "knockout kit. Reassembled with the green loctite, and I installed hub assembly Still 63mm offset. Now if I remove the 2mm washer behind the secondary, next to the jackshaft circlip, it will bring me to 61mm offset.
What offset is every running on a stock 23 sled?
I had set my 18 to 59mm by Machining the secondary. Put on over 6000 miles on that stocker with same belt and no issues at all. However I've read here that 22's and later are different for some reason.
Experiences?

I am hoping to get around to working on my new 23 SRX this weekend. I will have to measure my offset and see what it's at, good information in this thread with the offset on the 22+ sleds. My 17 runs the best at 57.8mm offset (set up with the Hurricane bar) I was going to use the Hurricane bar on my 23 but it may not be a good idea, I will make sure the offset is around 60mm and start from there, no snow here to test anyway.

On my 17 I removed all the float out of the secondary, are guys still doing this with the 22 + sleds?

The only way anything has changed is if the center to center changed and/or the machining on the clutch faces or sheaves has changed, which I'm pretty sure it hasn't. It still runs the same belt and the clutches look the same. The Hurricane bar should still work fine, I'm going to check my 23 this week with the TAPP and stock secondary with a full shift mock up and straight edge, doing it this way is spot on and is the proper way to line it up, I'll see how it compares to the 17 soon and report back.

I think its important to remember that not every offset number will be same exact for every sled.. I have posted(previous) my thoughts and experiences with my 2022 compared to the early sleds 2017+.. I used the hurricane bar on both, check temps, and put in the time to get it happy(running cool). I do know I made the mistake of thinking my 2022 would be happy at the same offset numbers I used on my 2017. WRONG..

The hurricane tool works on all model years. I asked Dave this when I was setting up a 23.
My offset on my 17 is 56.1mm with Hurricanes tool. My Viper primary was trued and cut for OD.

It was amazing how untrue it was on the lathe. You could see the sheaves wobbling so to speak.

Back