• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors for the RX-1

QCRider said:
I have a couple of questions for you guys with those high mirrors.

1) Do you think they will impare your vision as you take a corner?
2) How do you order those? I don't see them on the Yamaha site?

I don't see a problem with vision on corners.
Had the standard mirrors on my 03--watched my hands all winter.Put these mirrors (R1 Bike Mirrors)on my Warrior last year lower on the hood & they weren't much better. Sat on a venture in the showroom & decided this was the best place for them.(great rear few)
Still getting used to the appearance

§tylus said:
They look like this....

http:/
/mysite.verizon.net/vze7p53z/mirrors.jpg
Did you mount those yourself? if so, how much of a hassle was it? Thanks.
MM. :ORC

I just got back from my dealer.

Yamaha Canada has apparently decided not to offer the new 05 RX mirrors. They are only offering the 04 mirrors, which are known to not work very well.

My dealer has ordered a set of 05 RS Venture mirrors for me and a few other customers. Unfortunately they are backordered and they don't have an ETA. They are going to cost almost $70 each plus installation and I doubt they will come with any installation instructions.

Do you guys know if the 05 RS Venture mirrors are exactly the same as the US 05 RX-1 accessory mirrors (that look like the RS Venture mirrors)?

How do they install/mount?

Do they have any mechanism that gives way or folds if they get bumped? I'm concerned that the headlight besel may get damaged if they get a moderate bump.

Another problem is the Canadian Yamaha RX-1 covers apparently don't have any pockets for these mirrors, so it doesn't look like the cover will work.

I'm not impressed so far with Yamaha Canada. This is my first Yamaha after 25 years with Doo and Poo.

I looked at the mirrors on a venture at syracuse show and asked the yamaha guy if my cover would fit he didnt know
The mirror stem does fold in and the top of mirror adjusts so I belive my new yamaha vector cover will fit and they should move if somethig bumps them.

They do not mount to just plastic , there is a metal brace that mounts behind the windshield to support them.
If you look on the parts microfich on the yamaha website it shows description and is sold as a kit.

check with port yamaha from this site they were selling for 79$ for the kit.
:4STroke:

Almost,

Keep me posted on what you intend to do with the mirrors.

I need some to so perhaps we could order from the US together to save some $$.

Mirror problems solved

I won't drive a machine without mirrors. I ordered the teardrop jobs that were a joke on my 04 rx-1 mnt So I had to find something better. I forget where I got them now, but somewhere on the web. The mirrors have a round base about two inches in diameter and they have a stem that is articulated at the base of the mirror and at the mount. The stem is about 3 or 4 inches long. They mount very nicely on the flats of the hood where the windshield flairs for the handle bars are. The mirrors are also convex so that they put a larger then life view into focus so anyone passing or whatever is visable. Best part is they only cost about $20 per pair. They are black anodized. When you trailer you simply move them further into the windshield and when you ride you move them back out. No hassels with the skin tight cover either. My machine is not readily available or I would take a picture and post it.

I am happy with them so far. Not probably as good as the elephant ears hanging out all by themselves, but they do a pretty decent job. Still can't believe I paid $70-100 for those stupid teardrop jobs. I told the dealer that I would have niped that in the bud had I seen them before ordering them on the new machine.

"YES" the venture mirrors are the same. This is the part#8ET-W2628-00-00
They list for $79.95 for BOTH, plus a brace comes with it. Hopw this helps. MM.

Back