• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Missing on cold start-up

If it is doing this while the red light on your gauge is on (warm up cycle) I would say yes. My 2012 does the same thing but once the red light goes out no miss.

snow broke said:
If it is doing this while the red light on your gauge is on (warm up cycle) I would say yes. My 2012 does the same thing but once the red light goes out no miss.

Its a good practice to just let her idle until the red light goes off. Pressing the throttle before may cause the plugs to foul easy.

ok, well its good to know that this is a common thing when its cold. Normally all it takes is just a little burp of the throttle to get it to level out and run smoothly until its warm and ready to ride.

fx10mtx said:
Mine was doiing that when running with premium fuel.
Put it back on regular fuel and was ok!

The higher the octane, the colder the flame.(I know this sounds backwards but it's true) You were cold fouling the plugs.

fx10mtx said:
Mine was doiing that when running with premium fuel.
Put it back on regular fuel and was ok!

Nytros are meant to be run on regular 87...even with mods I only run 87, 91 is just a waste of money and not required. I actually consider it a bonus as 91 can be hard to find sometimes.

Back