• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Motogp is fantastic entertainment

I subscribe on the Motogp website and watch it live, usually 8am Sunday mornings, depends on what time zone they're in.
This year they added a sprint race on the Saturday.
WSBK is very good also, I often enjoy it more than motogp.

Once again MotoGP proves to be the best entertainment on television, congrats Johan Zarco for overcoming a 2 second deficit with 4 laps to go, taking his first win in over 100 races in the top class of 2 wheel motorsports.

Once again MotoGP proves to be the best entertainment on television, congrats Johan Zarco for overcoming a 2 second deficit with 4 laps to go, taking his first win in over 100 races in the top class of 2 wheel motorsports.
Phillip Island delivers great racing, but I'm still preferring WSBK over MotoGP.
Can't wait for next year with Toprak on a BMW, Rea on the Yamaha. Alvaro won't have as much of a weight advantage.
Yamaha needs another 25HP in both MotoGP and WSBK!

Phillip Island delivers great racing, but I'm still preferring WSBK over MotoGP.
Can't wait for next year with Toprak on a BMW, Rea on the Yamaha. Alvaro won't have as much of a weight advantage.
Yamaha needs another 25HP in both MotoGP and WSBK!

I enjoy both, but for me the technology gives motogp the edge. I also watch both Moto2 and MotoGP so watching the progression of riders is good. For pure racing, WSBK is equally good and next year I think is going to be incredible for WBSK.

I enjoy both, but for me the technology gives motogp the edge. I also watch both Moto2 and MotoGP so watching the progression of riders is good. For pure racing, WSBK is equally good and next year I think is going to be incredible for WBSK.
Hopefully the Japanese up their game. Complacency has really cost them.

Hopefully the Japanese up their game. Complacency has really cost them.

Its super painful to watch in almost any class of 2-wheel racing. I think the problem is very fundamental, probably cultural, as the Japanese are very much into incremental engineering and taking bigger risks just isn't in the DNA. Gigi @ Ducati has been pioneering one thing after another for a decade now, most of which didn't really work out until recently. I think the Japanese manufacturers thought they were in an okay spot because hey, Marc Marquez.. I think Marc on a repsol honda provided a false sense of security for honda at least, if not Suzuki and Yamaha. Both Suzuki and yamaha knew exactly where they were in development relative to Honda and if Marc could win on a Honda, all they had to do was keep tweaking to stay in the game, then Mir gets super lucky with that screwed up season. And of course Fabio rolls in to clean up for a season. All because that last little bit of tweaking was missing from the Ducati as it was already very fast. To those Japanese manufacturers it all didn't look or feel so bad despite the progress that Ducati was making. Then the desmo got more stable, and much better under braking, and their riders stopped falling, and it was game over.

Its super painful to watch in almost any class of 2-wheel racing. I think the problem is very fundamental, probably cultural, as the Japanese are very much into incremental engineering and taking bigger risks just isn't in the DNA. Gigi @ Ducati has been pioneering one thing after another for a decade now, most of which didn't really work out until recently. I think the Japanese manufacturers thought they were in an okay spot because hey, Marc Marquez.. I think Marc on a repsol honda provided a false sense of security for honda at least, if not Suzuki and Yamaha. Both Suzuki and yamaha knew exactly where they were in development relative to Honda and if Marc could win on a Honda, all they had to do was keep tweaking to stay in the game, then Mir gets super lucky with that screwed up season. And of course Fabio rolls in to clean up for a season. All because that last little bit of tweaking was missing from the Ducati as it was already very fast. To those Japanese manufacturers it all didn't look or feel so bad despite the progress that Ducati was making. Then the desmo got more stable, and much better under braking, and their riders stopped falling, and it was game over.
I remember reading when Ben Spies went to WSBK and MotoGP that Tom Houseworth said they dreaded the thought of making an adjustment or change outside their very narrow 'box' or 'window'.

I remember reading when Ben Spies went to WSBK and MotoGP that Tom Houseworth said they dreaded the thought of making an adjustment or change outside their very narrow 'box' or 'window'.
Yep and the fact that its still seems to be true today points to a deeply rooted philosophy. I truly hope they give Fabio a decent bike for next year, either that or Honda does so for Rins (another favorite rider). Would hate to see either of their careers sidetracked by the lack of innovation from Honda and Yamaha.

Yep and the fact that its still seems to be true today points to a deeply rooted philosophy. I truly hope they give Fabio a decent bike for next year, either that or Honda does so for Rins (another favorite rider). Would hate to see either of their careers sidetracked by the lack of innovation from Honda and Yamaha.
Rins has signed with Yamaha.

Love it! Supersport race streamed on youtube today, I don't watch supersport much but was super impressed by 16 year old, 4th place finisher Kayla Yaakov. The guy that one first has actually raced motogp. Props for the Hayden hat as well. Young lady has over 400 race wins in her career, youngest racer ever to campaign a full size bike at age 9!

1709470773776.png

Race itself was okay, mediocre conditions.

Love it! Supersport race streamed on youtube today, I don't watch supersport much but was super impressed by 16 year old, 4th place finisher Kayla Yaakov. The guy that one first has actually raced motogp. Props for the Hayden hat as well. Young lady has over 400 race wins in her career, youngest racer ever to campaign a full size bike at age 9!

View attachment 175748

Race itself was okay, mediocre conditions.

Enjoyed seeing Alex Lowes pull that outside pass off and take the win in Australia.
WSBK should be excellent this year, the field has gotten deeper with talent and Bautista has to deal with 15lbs more weight.

Back