• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Motor falling flat when full throttle?

Which relay? This is bullshit if you ask me. I love the sled but this and the roll over valve needs to be fixed. I was ready to let my doo 850 buddy take it for a ride. He would have been in for a rough ride and would have been breaking my balls all night!! LOL

Which relay? This is bullshit if you ask me. I love the sled but this and the roll over valve needs to be fixed. I was ready to let my doo 850 buddy take it for a ride. He would have been in for a rough ride and would have been breaking my balls all night!! LOL
Same boat here. I ride with 7 guys with Doo 850's. Right before my bucking bronco started, we had stopped and one asked how I liked it. I laughed and with some four letter words said I loved it. Insane acceleration, etc. etc. He said, can I ride it, I said, in a few. Luckily I did not give it to him as they would have had a field day...

Between frozen relays and the frozen roll over valve, maybe the underlying summary is "don't ride in anything below -10F"?

Could be bad fuel like stated above. Good thing it shut down instead of blowing up like some other instances. Could be safety controlled by ecu. Not convinced go to the dealer and have them check it for you, then with the diagnosis we'll know for sure what is causing this.. Or drain fuel from tank, try some fresh fuel and see.

Same boat here. I ride with 7 guys with Doo 850's. Right before my bucking bronco started, we had stopped and one asked how I liked it. I laughed and with some four letter words said I loved it. Insane acceleration, etc. etc. He said, can I ride it, I said, in a few. Luckily I did not give it to him as they would have had a field day...

Between frozen relays and the frozen roll over valve, maybe the underlying summary is "don't ride in anything below -10F"?
It was actually 5 degrees here today when this started happening

Could be bad fuel like stated above. Good thing it shut down instead of blowing up like some other instances. Could be safety controlled by ecu. Not convinced go to the dealer and have them check it for you, then with the diagnosis we'll know for sure what is causing this.. Or drain fuel from tank, try some fresh fuel and see.
I wonder if this non ethanol 91 I have been using is freezing up? Hasn't been this cold in a while. I think I will fill up with ethanol 93 tomorrow and see if that cures the problem. Years ago we used isopropyl in our tanks with the non ethanol fuel to prevent ice up.

Not this many people are getting bad fuel. Has to be something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if this non ethanol 91 I have been using is freezing up? Hasn't been this cold in a while. I think I will fill up with ethanol 93 tomorrow and see if that cures the problem. Years ago we used isopropyl in our tanks with the non ethanol fuel to prevent ice up.
Let me know how that works. The first 50 miles of running fine for me were on 93 ethanol fuel. Although it started to act up on that same fuel it was after 50 miles of having run perfectly, thinking it might be a fuel issue, I filled with 91 non-octane where I was.

Wish I had not brought it to the dealer so quickly as now I can't try things, and they are closed till Tuesday...

Guys with code SD 26 check your intake tubes for loose clamps or tubes not installed all the way causing air leaks.

Last edited:
Let me know how that works. The first 50 miles of running fine for me were on 93 ethanol fuel. Although it started to act up on that same fuel it was after 50 miles of having run perfectly, thinking it might be a fuel issue, I filled with 91 non-octane where I was.

Wish I had not brought it to the dealer so quickly as now I can't try things, and they are closed till Tuesday...

Mine eventually cleared up after adding Seafoam to the gas. Maybe it was pure coincidence, maybe not. It was very cold out though when it started, but just as cold when issue went away.

Add mine to the list,very cold here for a week now,and my sled was left outside,for the first time,my buddy has it,and he said today it started and stalled 3 times,before it would start to warm up,he ran the lake wo and it fell on its face,let off and back fired and ran ok below wo,took it easy back to house,and now we will both take a look,maybe sea foam will work,maybe froze relay,maybe bad fuel line ,who knows,all last year it was warm in comparison to this year,and it ran good,not so this year.

Have same issue on my 18 LTX SE. 50 miles on it and after running mint for those 50 miles, it started the same full throttle stall with backfire. At first, I thought I might have hit the kill switch as I was running with guantlets. Can do it over and over. Sled runs great right up to about 7250. Anything over 7250 whether hard pull or gentle accelerations, sled dies, accelerates, dies, accelerates. Like holding onto a bucking bronco. Was able to get it home (50 miles back), at any speed under 7250 rpm/65mph.

For what it's worth, yesterday in Pittsburg, NH was -15 all day.

Right now shes back at the dealer, who has never heard of this issue but says they'll figure it out and fix it.

Not the best way to start out a new sled, but... She did get me home.

Did dealer ever figure it out? Every dealer I’ve talked claim they have never heard of such a thing but I have 2 doing the same thing. Funny thing is I bought 2 and both do the same thing at the same time consistently. They either both run great on the same day or they both stall out with backfires the same day. It’s never one runs great all the time and the other doesn’t. Whatever it is, it seems to be consistent with something. Not sure if it’s snow condition related, humidity related or what. No codes thrown on either sled as well so it’s a ghost type of thing since it won’t ditectly point at any one particular thing. Finiky #*$&@ things they seem to be.

Had this early on when I got the sled. 4K on sled now. Code sd26 tightened clamps never got it again accept one other time this year. And this year I got stumble with no codes. And the roll over valve is bypassed! I feel it's octane and or moisture in fuel. BUT no knock sensors on this sled??? It's fuel related IMO.

Had this early on when I got the sled. 4K on sled now. Code sd26 tightened clamps never got it again accept one other time this year. And this year I got stumble with no codes. And the roll over valve is bypassed! I feel it's octane and or moisture in fuel. BUT no knock sensors on this sled??? It's fuel related IMO.

I thought it was fuel related as well the first time it happened. Both sleds ran great for over 900 miles straight, then filled up and they both started acting up 20 miles into that tank. So I purged the fuel and ran them out of gas. Filled with new fuel and same thing. Added K-100 and no change. Then topped off again and added octane booster, injector cleaner and more k-100, no change. Filled again at same pump 3 hours later and the sled ran fine but temps dropped a little and snow conditions got better as it was about 34-36 earlier when it acted up. Engine temps were 172-174 consistently all day. Then on the same tank of fuel were it was running fine for like 50 miles, it acted up and I checked temp and snow conditions and it was a little above freezing and snow was wet and heavier again. So now I’m thinking heat related issue with warm ambient temps and heavy snow pack. Then next day it rains and we sit that out. Day after it cooled to 14* and the trails were rock hard and engine temps were 190-210 depending on what trail we were on but sleds ran awesome. Next day with 20-22* temps, groomers went out the night before and other traffic loosened things back up and engine temps were back in the low 170’s were they always were before on a good day and they ran the worst they ever did.

So now my bad fuel theory is out and I don’t believe I got 3-4 bad tanks of fuel in a row from different sources. Then still didn’t change when I added the various fuel treatments.

Then the whole warm ambient temps and heavy snow theory was debunked when the sled ran temps of 190-210 but ran fine other than a few stops to cool down along the way and next day in similar ambient temps and better cooling conditions, they both run like garbage.

It’s funny because either they both run perfect or they both act up. It’s not like one had an issue and the other runs fine. They both do it at the same time and of course not one code thrown ever so I can’t even narrow it down. Took both sleds apart a little today and looked over everything and nothing sticks out. I even unplugged the various sensors and every time, it threw a code and then reset itself when plugged back it. I even simulated a frozen TORS and the 84 code popped and reset moments later so it’s not a throttle cable issue. I have no clue what’s happening or where to go from here and of course every dealer within 4 hours of me that I talked to has no clue what I’m talking about and one claimed it was overheating and that’s definitely it but explain why they ran great on rock hard trails with limited cooling and then acted up the next day on better trails on the same fuel source? They also both changed how they ran from one stop to the next. By the end of the day mine was back to doing 60-65 before acting up and hers ran fine and she passed me doing 100 but yet and hour before that, mine wouldn’t go over 45 and hers wouldn’t exceed 70-75 and of course still no codes, no loose clamps, hose routing correct and I even pulled my intercooler off to see what kind of oil and/or water I may have in there and there was no water or even a trace a past moisture in the system and there was a little oil residue but not even enough to soak a paper towel so I doubt that was the issue. I just don’t know what these things are doing and it’s so intermittent with no real pattern as to when or what conditions and it’s aggravating.

Very crazy stuff. Not sure it matters at all, but I'm boosted with TD eco trail. Can't imagine why it would matter. I've pounded my sled hundreds of times in 4K miles and it's only fell on its face maybe 3-5 times. This is very troubling symptom for Yamaha motors

Back