• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain Seats

Robrstopr

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder MTX
So after lotsa calling and web searches I decided to go with Seat Concepts Sidewinder Seat. Was hoping for a high rise, but as of now no one makes one and Seat Concepts so far not making custom winder seats. Had the TJ's high rise on Apex mod, buddy has the WRP high rise on his Nytro. Im a bigger guy with long legs so skeptical about shorter seat. However the sock seat is squishy and although Seat Concepts comes firmer than stock rated 165-265 pounds, with gear Ill be pushing high end. Contacted Robert and he is having a more firm foam added. Kinda thinking stock squishy New lower firmer seat prolly ride close to same height.
Anyone else prefer a High Rise...Not that you sit much in the back country but its way easier on my knees moving from taller position....Oh for got to mention Im old....lol
Don't recall issues on low rider when I was young, but got spoiled with High Rise over the years.
Goatta admit this seat looks bad #*$&@, and cant wait to get it on and test it out.

Attachments

• Seat Concepts Sidewinder.jpg
    Seat Concepts Sidewinder.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 213

So I got my new Seat Concepts seat today. Here is the seat on the scale. I don't have my stock seat to weigh as I had a wreck last week and she is under the knife.

Also, here is the EarthX Lithium. ETX36D OEM size battery. Again no stock battery to weigh until my sled is completed, but you can weigh yours.

Ok, I'm not tech enough to figure out how to get pics to size for this forum....

so the seat weighs 9 pounds 12 ounces.

The ETX36D weighs 3 pounds 13 ounces.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Seat Weight.jpg
    Seat Weight.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 152
  • ETX Bat.jpg
    ETX Bat.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 153