• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat concepts/mountain seat

Yes I agree. The seat base numbers for the bases are the same on OEM parts lists for my 2019 rr 8000 as the 2020 Riot and ES mountain sleds. Thats why I am not understanding why they say it wont fit. That being said,it might fit,but I am not willing to make A 330.00 dollar gamble. I double checked several sites including Babbits and country cat and all the seat bases have the same number you listed.

When you emailed me about a taller seat, I knew seat concepts listed nothing taller for Yamaha models. Didn't even think to look at the Cat listings.....sorry. Seat concepts revolves around motorcycle seats, so their technical knowledge on the sleds is not real strong. I would say if seat pans are same part number, then maybe double check gas tank part numbers. The viper and sidewinder use different gas tank contours which in turn yields a different seat between the two. If seat pan and gas tank numbers match up for your 8000 and riot, I really don't think you can go wrong.

I recently ordered a 2" higher then stock Vector seat from them. If you don't weigh that much and you want a seat that is softer then the seat they normally make you can request it to be made that way. I did because I am only 180 and like the softer seat that is stock. I just wanted it 2" higher.

The response I got from seat concepts was that they think the seat will fit but they haven't been able to confirm for sure.

Just got my Seat concepts seat in for my 2019 RR 8000 and it fits like a glove. You were right as always Travis. thanks

Was wondering if anyone is familiar with this seat for a procross chassis. I've found some posts about people putting mountain seats on the trail sled. Looks like this is the shape and height of the mountain seat, but with a firmer foam. I have a Cat, but I've always found better info on this site (thanks to those who pointing me in the direction of Rock's HID lights - they work great).

https://seatconcepts.com/products/a...ot-norseman-two-stroke?variant=31731671760973

Trail sled with mountain seat? Should handle like total garbage on the trails. Higher center of gravity is bad for cornering, tippy!

I’ll never understand why guys put taller seats and bar risers on trail machines, I actually swapped out my 4” stock riser for a 2” and it’s an improvement in the turns for sure.

Standing up while riding in tight turns does not handle worth a crap, yet I see guys fighting their machines standing up all the time, and it’s not even bumpy!

Just got my Seat concepts seat in for my 2019 RR 8000 and it fits like a glove. You were right as always Travis. thanks
Trail sled with mountain seat? Should handle like total garbage on the trails. Higher center of gravity is bad for cornering, tippy!

I’ll never understand why guys put taller seats and bar risers on trail machines, I actually swapped out my 4” stock riser for a 2” and it’s an improvement in the turns for sure.

Standing up while riding in tight turns does not handle worth a crap, yet I see guys fighting their machines standing up all the time, and it’s not even bumpy!

if you sit on the newer doos and poos they both have higher seats than the procross. That's what I was looking for.

D538E438-4067-451A-93F6-8D1707B83582.jpeg
The closer you can get your body weight to the ground the better.

2 different schools of thought. If you're not riding trails like they're a race track, lower COG when cornering isn't as much of a concern. From an ergonomics standpoint, I would argue that anytime you can get your hips higher than your knees while sitting, you're going to experience less strain on your legs and back, and as has been pointed out, the transition from sitting to standing is going to be easier as well. Depends on your riding style. I prefer to stand more often than I sit, as I find it's easier on the back, especially when the trails are rough. I rarely exceed 40 mph in the woods, so stand-up cornering isn't a concern for me. I'm not out there to push the limits of my sled or my abilities. It's about the solace of getting under the helmet and discovering what's over the next hill or around the next corner for me ... and I guess I'd rather be comfortable (when riding and after) so I prefer a taller seat.

The seat concepts seat has the same dimensions as stock as per there web site.The advantage of the seat is better foam so you dont end up crashing through the Artic stock softer foam. The high speed hidden hole and long stretches of moguls that you miss time on occasion is why I upgraded to a new seat. I have not put any trail time on it yet so I am hoping it works out and is comfortable for long rides.

has anyone put any trail time on this seat? I am thinking about upgrading my ZR8000 seat. I would like one that a bit stiffer, taller wouldn't hurt either. Old knees getting stiff on longer rides and I think a slightly taller seat would help.

I have them on both of mine, love them! My Nytro seat is a lot firmer that my Vector seat though. Nytro is perfect with the seat and steering relocate.

I have 2 seasons on mine it rocks. a little taller, not much,firmer, and very durable. two thumbs up

has anyone put any trail time on this seat? I am thinking about upgrading my ZR8000 seat. I would like one that a bit stiffer, taller wouldn't hurt either. Old knees getting stiff on longer rides and I think a slightly taller seat would help.
get one

Back