• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi stage 1 install questions

Sledguy89

Extreme
Ok guys I'm near the end of my install an have a few questions

I bought this kit off a member on here an had multiple pieces missing. Matt has done an great job gettin me what I needed.

So now the questions, I have the tb's on as well as the intercooler, my question is where does the hose comeing off the tb's run to now? It is on the right hand side at the bottom. Also I never had the plastic t that looks like is changed on the throttle bodies? An trying to hook it up to the bov.

And maybe Allen can chime in here, I have the ulmer clutch kit set up for cold air kit and pcV an excell exhaust. I wondering what i need to do to make this thing run at 7 psi till I can upgrade my fuel system. 136 track 1 3/8 lugs. 50/50 riding style

Any an all help greatly appreciated. Would love to run it before the snow melts here on lower michigain again
Thanks guys

Boost is set by your pulleys and you should just buy the correct pulley to run your targeted psi.

Clutching on my stage 1 kit is perfect with Ulmers kit. I have the following in the arms: heel- 1 tungsten, 3 washers, mid- 2 washers, tip- 3 washers, O-P-O primary spring, white secondary at 6-1.

Did you download the install instructions of there web site? The house goes to the top port on your blow off valve. It shows it in image 37A. My rig is at my brothers or I would take a pic for you. How did you mount your oil cooler?

If you need pulleys I have a few extra laying around! If it's temporary you can set your blow off valve to only allow 7 psi. There is a lighter spring that you can use.

The hose i was referring to was a coolant line to keep the carbs warm. Solved that issue. Everything has been solved over the last couple days. Making 12 psi with the set up an need to come down to 9 psi. Rifht now it has a 31b An 24t. Will a 29 bottom work to bring me down?.

i have oil cooler sitting in front of my radiator with hold down ties

Did your set up come with the big black cooler?
I'm trying to think of what my initial set up was. I had 6.5 pounds first now running 10 in Ohio. Did you get the ecu reflash for low elevation? I will do some digging and see what pulley set up should work.

Mine is the stage 1 so just the little oil cooler since the inter cooler sits in the whole front of the engine bay. I have not done any re flashes, Matt at mpi hasn't said I needed any. Any body chime in or know how the turbo xs bov's are adjusted down?

Your pushing a lot of boost and the ECU re flash from MPI or Evolution would be money well spent IMO. What engine work did you do to run that amount of boost at low elevation?

The flash was on my list, but upgraded fuel was first. I haven't done any work to the internals yet. Jus installed the sc an tested in the little snow we have here. I do have the cold air kit as well, I just don't want to run it that long with that much boost an send the top end flying. I've read about an automotive fuel pump in there? Any try that?

Back