• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTN. lite top speed?

redsnake3

VIP Member
okay im having a little arguement with someone over his mtn. lite. he claims his sled will go 90mph on snow.. the sled is stock. what are your top speeds? oh i forgot to mention that he had fx clutching and gearing. but dont have the drivers changed up. i told him that the gauges arent acurate but he wont listen. so do you think that this kid is getting 90mph out of his sled with a 144"x 2" track when jeff simon could only get 90 out of a slightly modded short track on pavement?

Thanks.

im sure the sled is fun as hell and would like to have one for the girlfriend so i could have some fun with it but there is no way the sled is actually gonna do 90mph stock.

I had my sled doing 90mph. Dont believe me?

Well, it depends if you can trust the speedo in the truck cause the sled was on the trailer! Only way that sled is going to see those speeds stock!!

speed

No there's no way Mrsleds on glare ice was doing low 90's on radar 101 on the speedo and that was a short track gflare ice 1/2 mile.

On the speedo the fastest I have had My Mtn Lite is 76 mph. I would bet My last hundred bucks there is No way a Stock Mtn Lite is going to hit 90 MPH on the speedo on snow covered trail.

I've seen 145 KM/hr on the speedo on the GT. I've also noticed that the KM/hr readings dont coencide with the MPH readings, as in, when you switch the display from one to another it seems the KM/hr is lower or more accurate.

-Steve

Well, I put a 20 tooth top gear on and running a 16 mile road that is plowed on a regular basis, I hit 88-90 on the speedo many times. I am sure it is only going 75-80ish. This is at sea level, wide open for many miles. A slight incline and I was down to 80 on the speedo. I am sure it didn't have any more speed than that in it. If it is not re-geared, no way it will show over 80 on the speedo :ORC

i have done alot of work on mine and it will do 85mph.i am going to play with the gears yet to see if i can hit 90.i have piped,air box mods,hauck fuel Accelerator,and clutching. he is not going 85 or 90 mph owith a stock mountian lite.with some gear changes i should hit 90 but i have not got that far yet.that is next weeks project.

Back