• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mtn tamer

Ruckus

TY 4 Stroke Master
Does anyone know if a mountain tamer suspension can be installed in a stock skid that's been stretched to a 136? The rear suspension is junk and I would like an upgrade, but I don't want a 144. Any thoughts? I looked at hygear too but Mtn tamer seems to be more intelligently designed whereas Hygear is just shocks and springs. Tks.

Hey Ruckus will bolt right into front hole and just drill a new hole for rear mount point per instructions. I have a MTN Tamer with the Float X rear shock and the suspension is sweet and it's a world of difference.

Attachments

• Mtn. Tamer Installation Instructions.pdf
    299.5 KB · Views: 1,129
It will work the only difference in the 121 skid and 144 skid are raill lengths. Just fallow there instructions form the company

I saved 26lbs and I will measure the mount points on my slide rails and chassis so you can compare with yours. The front arms bolts on the skid in the same place the stock arm does you just have to drill new hole for shock mount. The rear arm mounts in stock hole you just have to drill new hole for shock mount there also. I'm pretty certain you can put the skid in yours because slide rails are the same except length is different. It would take a long phone call to tell you of the imprvements I noticed with the MTN Tamer.

Awesome, thanks guys. I'm leaning toward keeping the Pizzer for another year if I can fix the suspension and give it more zoom zoom. I have an extra head that I want to get done. Found a guy in California that can do it including the WPC process. 100 hp naturally aspirated is easily doable. I think I'm around 90 with mine right now.
http://www.wpctreatment.com/about.htm

Been looking hard at Nytro but from what the guys here are saying it needs about $7,000 to make it keep up with the 800's and cure the handling issues. Disclaimer: I'm sure its fine for trails and the average rider but as you guys have probably guessed, I'm a little more aggressive than the average rider.

I asked Timbersled if they could make a 40" front A arm kit as well. With a complete suspension change, new skis, lighter battery and removal of the stock rear exhaust a 50 lb weight gain is doable. 50 lbs and 20 hp is nothing to sneeze at. You're getting close to 600 2 stroke range.

From Dave @ Timbersled

"I am sorry but I can’t help you out on either end. Out rear suspension will not work on any track shorter than 144 and we do not make custom widths on the front end.

Thanks,

Dave"

Bummer

I really like the M10 in mine. They can be bought cheap used, but if you're doing more powder riding it's probably not the best setup. I mainly ride trails so it works great for me.

Ruckus. if you are an "agressive" rider on a 90hp sled then you should be fine with a 130hp stock nytro.

basic700 said:
Ruckus. if you are an "agressive" rider on a 90hp sled then you should be fine with a 130hp stock nytro.

Its not the power, its the weight and the toughness of the sled. I'm hearing about poor steering, ice buildup, bulkhead failures, oil tank failures, etc, etc. I don't want to invest an add'l $5-7 grand to make a Nytro keep up with the 2 smokes. I know they are the most beautiful sled on the showroom floor but from talking to a bunch of Nytro riders around here they are not what they should be. Its either a used backcountry X or another $2-3 K in the Phazer. I only paid $5,000 for mine and I'm in another $2 in upgrades. $10,000 for a kick-#*$&@ light 4 stroke is not too bad.

if you are looking for a good skid check out the EZ Ride there skids are great and they have put them in the phazers.

i would call them and see if they can work with you on a 136.

http://www.ezryde.com/store/

med_DSC03061.JPG
[/img]

Looks awesome, thanks man. Timbersled doesn't seem to want to help much, I'll check out these guys too. Pricey tho!

med_DSC03061.JPG

Back