• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTX skis

www.yamaha-motor.ca/partscatalogue has complete fiche's.

it's a lot of pieces and numbers you need, i THINK just about everything from the steering knuckle down, minus maybe some nuts and washers if they fit the longer bolts. i imagine the handle would switch over no problem.

i was at my dealer inquiring about skiis and he went ahead and looked them all up and quoted about 350 bucks if i remember correctly (in canada).

i hope this helps, this event is dated and hazy in my mind

As far as I know they havent shipped any yet but due November per Simmons. I was hoping to see a pair at the Novi show but no go.

bottlerocket said:
As far as I know they havent shipped any yet but due November per Simmons. I was hoping to see a pair at the Novi show but no go.

I agree, so was I, but I did not see them either.

Skis

I bought some from Holiday power sports in Jackson for approx $280 with all the parts.

I just tried to put them on today and the stock carbides have 4 bolts and the MTN skis have 3. Now I have to get new carbides.

I know Superman up in Gaylord has the MTN skis on his sled.

bottle when I told you no skis til the third week of november...I meant it lol

I fiquired somebody would have some proto types or display models. I didnt expect skis for sale for sure ~ hell really not any skis for sale on hand. I did pick up some 6.9s Friday night though.

yah the bottoms can be bought new for about $70 bucks ...its the rest of the bullcrap that adds up...the ski rubbers alone retail for $55.00

all the hardware that doesnt carry over adds up to like $90 !!!

I just put MTX skis on my XTX. I bought these parts for $173.18 plus shipping.

Part Number: 8FK-23711-00-BK - Skis
Part Number: 90105-10106-00 - Bolts
Part Number: 90387-10036-00 - Collar
Part Number: 90387-16022-00 - Collar
Part Number: 90387-16023-00 - Collar

I reused the XTX rubber ski boots. They were a little tight because they are not as wide as the MTX ones so the lip on the edges of the boot has nowhere to go when placed on the MTX ski, but I think they will work just fine. My MTX ski's came with 4 holes for the carbides, so I was able to use the same carbides I was running on the XTX.

sdclark said:

I reused the XTX rubber ski boots. They were a little tight because they are not as wide as the MTX ones so the lip on the edges of the boot has nowhere to go when placed on the MTX ski, but I think they will work just fine. My MTX ski's came with 4 holes for the carbides, so I was able to use the same carbides I was running on the XTX.

you should get the sled in the air and check your ski movement and ski angle ...you might think its fine but not...not saying it wont work...but Id check...

sj said:
sdclark said:

you should get the sled in the air and check your ski movement and ski angle ...you might think its fine but not...not saying it wont work...but Id check...

Good point. I store the sled on a lift and installed the MTX skis while on the lift. Ski movement seems the same and I actually think the ski angle on the right ski is better (the tip dipped down slightly before) than with the stock XTX skis. Left ski seems the same.

Back