• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mtx supercharger kit

Sledguy89

Extreme
What's the differences in the kit? Looking to install on my rtx. Comes with the gems I believe but I already run a power commander an clutched/
Thanks

MPI kit I'm thinking. I have the trail kit and would recommend you buy it too. The main differences would be the size of the PTO SC pulley (28 t vs 26t), drive gearing, and clutch weights. All else should be the same. You won't use the PC and your clutch weights will need to be tuned. If you don't change the SC pulley, you will run too much boost for the motor below 6000' and pump gas.

Yes sorry the mpi kit. I'm all for changing a few things around to to save the 2k on the kit. The mtx an low elevation kits come with controllers correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had seen out there before a boost bundle kit, thought I read that helped with swapping the mtx kits to low elevation.

I just installed the MPI Mountain Kit on my XTX. I will be riding between 2800-6000ft. The kit comes with the waste gate set at 5psi so even if you ride at lower elevations with premium pump gas your engine will be safe with the Mountain kit, the waste gate will just be open more often. As long as you don't adjust it for more boost your good to go.

That's that I needed, I'm in michigan so about 500 ft elevation for me ha. How long was your install time? An would you mind emailing me so pics? Haven't seen one in person before

If you can get a good deal, I'd go for it. Gems controller is the same for both kits. It is programmable if changes are necessary. You'll also lose out on the tunnel cooler with the MTX kit and you will want to add tunnel cooling. Clutching with your Ulmer kit will be a breeze, I used it in lieu of the provide yamaha kit and it's spot on. Have you called/emailed MPI? They have great customer service. Good luck.

That sounds like a great offer. I want more parts though, mountaintech skid plate and front end kit before more power... Gonna have to wait for another too good deal to come along.

What's the differences in the kit? Looking to install on my rtx. Comes with the gems I believe but I already run a power commander an clutched/
Thanks
Call Matt at mpi I did the samething you need gems remapped and 26t pulley . This year upgrade to 28t pulley and had mpi remap sled computer . Matt at mpi is great to deal with call them .

Back