• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mud in diffs

derek.p

Extreme
Hi all, I went on a ride and of course there was a little mud, so we played in it for a while, when I returned home I checked the diffs and they were full of mud and water. I changed the oil and there is no seal leaks and I've noticed, where else could it be coming in from. This has happened more than once, the last time it was just the back diff, now its both. Little lost as I looked at all the vents and no sign of mud or water even entered pass it, so a little help would be great. Thanks.

how long are your vent hoses? some times they need to be re-positioned/raised for certain riding conditions. I have seen some that where raised so they where next to the airbox snorkel as stock location was too low on those bikes.

Thanks maim I checked the hoses and they were up near the seat or air box, so I am thinking that maybe the seal r leaking on the top of the seals and that's why I don't notice any oil leaking, or maybe its the seal from the disk break to the diff can't see any other way that water could get in.

might be the seals are getting weak and not holding the water out as it is thinner than the oil is.

sounds like you are on the right track though.

I have seen where it comes down the yoke spline and you have to silicone the splines on the yoke to get it to stop leaking.

Back