• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 09 MTX 153 in the Deep Snow...

Littlehoe

Extreme
Well it was my first trip in the mountains. It was amazing, and I also realized i definitely need to do some upgrades as well as practice a little more lol...

The only major downfall I found on this sled was that when we were night riding up there in the powder the snow would cover the headlight and I was riding blind almost... Got a little hairy and scary at a couple points... Does anyone have a fix for the headlight issue?

Here are some pics...

482.jpg

474.jpg

442.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

472.jpg

What a way to break yourself in :Rockon: That's some serious powder, looked like fun. May I make a suggestion : Don't let off the throttle ;)!

If you have that much powder, there is no fix for snow in the headlight. Man am I jealous!

You can put a light on your helmet. I think Lead Dog makes one. I myself don't like riding at night just for the fact that your visibility is very limited unless you stick to the trails. that much powder in the dark while boondocking is a tragedy waiting to happen.

woodsrider said:
You can put a light on your helmet. I think Lead Dog makes one. I myself don't like riding at night just for the fact that your visibility is very limited unless you stick to the trails. that much powder in the dark while boondocking is a tragedy waiting to happen.
X2

woodsrider said:

helmet light are AWESOME!!! As for boondocking, yah, it is best to stay in known areas, but night riding can be a lot of fun!

I got out of that one with a lot of digging..lol... just dug out the front and then walked along side the tunnel till I had it somewhat packed down on the high side and then we just lifted the back of the sled straight up and set it down on the packed stuff and she came out... It really didn't take very long considering I dug with my hands...lol

As for the night riding it was really sketchy. I definitely don't think it was my favorite part of the ride lol...

Lead dog helmet light but i really do not ride a night a whole buch either but that is because i venture off the trails a long ways sure is a lot easier to find your way back when you can see

akvector said:
Lead dog helmet light but i really do not ride a night a whole buch either but that is because i venture off the trails a long ways sure is a lot easier to find your way back when you can see

Well Spoken, I do love to ride at night, just try not to do any heavy boondocking.

Lead Dog Helmet light, Track Swap, and Timbersled. They all help.

I'm not a mountain rider but I have seen photos of sleds that guys mounted HID's up higher on the sled (bracket off of the handlebars). I think the helmet light is the best bet however this might help too.

Nice to see that I am not the only one who sinks his Nytro up to the bars....Suck up the limiter. 3rd hole. soften the front shock.. Middle position on the rear springs.... all seemed to help me out. I also had to learn to never totally let off the throttle. that was the hard part. As soon as you let off the compression just brings the nose down and sinks the sled.

rides like sh$t on the trails, but does alot better in the pow.

I like you am not a lightweight. suspension was set up stiff from the dealer, they said setup for my 240 lbs. it was way to stiff for the pow. Softening it up helped tremmendously in the pow.. but as I said it does not behave well on groomed.

I am finally able to get to the top of the mtn.

Attachments

• IMG_0521_6_1.JPG
    IMG_0521_6_1.JPG
    646.7 KB · Views: 96

Back