• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Riding at higher elevation

RtxViper

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX LE
I am going out to big horn mountains in a couple weeks and was wondering if there is anything i need to do to my sled. It's a srx but i do have a storm track on it. it will be on the trails and some off trail riding nothing major as im a newb to powder riding and there isn't a ton of snow out there from what im told. Do i need to mess with the clutch or anything else?

The big horns by burgess jnct- bearlodge lodge are 8600 to 10,000 feet for the trails in elevation, my sidewinder is roughly 3 grams lighter to keep power in the sweet spot, stock will work, if you are to play off trail i would sugest limit strap all the way out so the rear suspension can "hang" when trenching thru powder to help keep the heavy nose up, its kinda like the old triples of the days gone by in powder, if not on throtle a bit the nose goes diving down looking for a solid bottom...lol ...wider ski's for floatation wouldnt wouldnt hurt if you have access to them.

i have wider skis then stock they seem to do ok with keeping the sled up, so just let the limiter out what about unhooking the sway bar?

i have wider skis then stock they seem to do ok with keeping the sled up, so just let the limiter out what about unhooking the sway bar?
Leave the sway bar hooked up, little bit you would gain off trail is not worth the sacrefice on trail, keep it simple, the wider ski's and limiter strap and just have fun!! Good fun trails over in the big horns and all kinds of off trail adventure.

Back