• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My First Ride on the RX1, already broke something...

First off, what a sled!

Today was my first ride on the RX1, and I really like it.

I like everything about it - The power is smooth, and consistent. The handling is very good for a sled of it's girth. And the 2-stroke smell and noise is gone.

Just a great all around sled, as many have stated in the past.

But when I was getting it off the trailer, I noticed a wheel must have popped off. So what is this, and where can I get it?

(Conditions were ADVERSE - only 4" of snow, and a few trails had BIG rocks hiding under the snowcover. But I couldn't resist, I had to ride the RX) ;)!

RX1.jpg

Thanks,
MJB

:o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|
By the looks of the crude in that picture you must have been desperate..................

MightyWarrior said:
:o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|
By the looks of the crude in that picture you must have been desperate..................

Well, I certainly was desperate :drink: ...But most of that crud is from driving around the parking area - The trails were covered, but the rocks were like landmines.

Oak Hill said:
Observation! Are your studs secure? They look like they are setting on top of the track - should be recessed. :4STroke:

I cranked down on them pretty good when I put them in, even did it in the summer when the track was warm and I, too, thought they would go 'into' the track. But if I tighten them down more, the track starts to deform away from the stud on the side with the backer (surface side).

How tight should they be? Should I crank them in more?

MJB

The studs appear to be Woodys, there is a sholder on the stud at proper install height for the backing plate to sit on.

As a rule of thumb, stud should be flush with the inside of the track. Don't let the deformation of the track around the stud worry you it is normal.

Happy trails

those studs defineately are too loose. the shoulder on the stud will stop the nut.you should tighten until the nut will not tighten anymore.

I think you're right. Come to think of it, I remember on the back side of the backers they are hogged out a bit.

The only reason I didn't crank them down was because in another post people were saying that if the track was "squished" too much they are too tight.

Looks like I'll be going over all of them this weekend.

MJB

Torque spec on my Woody's is 80-100 inch-pounds

Back