• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

my list of mods

yamaha247365

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09' FX Nytro
Bought a 09' FX Nytro in 2011 used. Rode the sled as is due to lack of funds. Now I'm a little more set and with current snow conditions and predictions I cant justify buying a new sled so I decided to do all the mods I wanted to do from day one but couldn't afford. Heres my list. Most are done, some are in the works. Am I missing anything?

Nytro list:
Exhaust- under tunnel with Excell header
Clutching- Schmidt bros stage II
Over drive- primary and secondary
Airbox mod.
Handle bar re-locator- Grizz
Drop mud flap- make my own
Windshield- and wind deflectors
More gas - trail tank
Widen handle bars
Better anit-freeze – water wetter
Flash computer to fix hand warmers – EVO flash
Cold guards
Fuel controller- power commander V
Oil lite bushings for front end
Shock re-valving
New head light bulbs - Wagner 9003's
DuPont slides
Solid state relays
LED tail light
Trunk bag
USI Ski’s
Tunnel block off
Bracket for seat - after under tunnel exhaust
Fix parking brake
Mountain-tec vent and gauge relocate
copper exhaust donuts
NGK CR10EK plugs

good list of mods, prolly total cost close to what you paid for sled tho eh

yea i guess canadian dollar is a lil diff, jus glancing at trail tank and skis would be a g round my bay area

I'm cheap. Almost everything I got was used. Lots of guy take parts off and put them back to stock when they sell them. Lots of searching classifieds.

All looks good, except dont waste your money on the overdrive clutching. More of a mod for boosted sleds. You wont gain anything. Unless youve already done it.

Depends where you ride obviously, but the trail tank is only necessary if you ride in places with long stretches between gas stations.

Also, I never had my temp light come on my nytro. All I did was change the coolant to a proper mix, so if you dont have the gauge vent already, i dont think its necessary. I prob hold the world record for bare road riding in a nytro last season too. lol

Only thing you are missing is a turbo!

Last edited:
Mountaintech skid plate, protect your investment.
WRP seat, way easier on the knees.
Roll over valve, protect your engine.

My over heat light came on twice last year. While installing the header, my donuts were pretty much gone so I was leaking hot exhaust in by the engine and a mouse got in and shredded most of the insulation in the box around the flex joints. So I think my overheat problem came from that. The water wetter is just a little insurance. Thanks for the advice on the overdrive. I haven't done it yet so I think I will skip it.

zbors front end with exit shocks
kn filter kit with power commander V
yamaheater
HID light kit- from rock
shocks re-valved
Yamaha tunnel heat exchanger
tunnel ice scratchers
129 star relocation kit with ripsaw 2 with studs
2" custom seat
new powermadd sentinel handguards
Yamaha skid plate
oillite bushing