• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My New Toy

woodsrider

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 YZ450FX1 Moto-Trax 137 Mountain Kit
The Kit installation was straight forward with very good step by step instructions. I would road last years model a few times in varying track lengths and after riding this one the other day I felt the new model out performed last years. The new kit transfers better and has a higher degree of oscillation. I was debating a 129 or a 137 track. After riding this last weekend I'm glad I went with the 137. I'm 6'4'' and have a riding weight of about 275-lbs. Still doing some dialing on the setup but am very stoked with the kit and look forward to a fun filled winter.

2017 Yamaha YZ450FX1; Moto-Trax 137" Mountain Kit; Ice Age 6-LED headlamp w/bar mount; Thermo-Bob thermostat bypass; Hot Grips; Seat Concepts Gel Foam seat w/1/2" extra foam; 30mm bar risers; Cycra Hand Guards; Devol Radiator Guards.
yz450-rs.jpg
yz450-ls.jpg
yz450-frt.jpg
yz450-rear.jpg
yz450-rs.jpg yz450-ls.jpg yz450-rs.jpg yz450-ls.jpg yz450-frt.jpg

The Kit installation was straight forward with very good step by step instructions. I would road last years model a few times in varying track lengths and after riding this one the other day I felt the new model out performed last years. The new kit transfers better and has a higher degree of oscillation. I was debating a 129 or a 137 track. After riding this last weekend I'm glad I went with the 137. I'm 6'4'' and have a riding weight of about 275-lbs. Still doing some dialing on the setup but am very stoked with the kit and look forward to a fun filled winter.

2017 Yamaha YZ450FX1; Moto-Trax 137" Mountain Kit; Ice Age 6-LED headlamp w/bar mount; Thermo-Bob thermostat bypass; Hot Grips; Seat Concepts Gel Foam seat w/1/2" extra foam; 30mm bar risers; Cycra Hand Guards; Devol Radiator Guards.View attachment 123545 View attachment 123546 View attachment 123547 View attachment 123548 View attachment 123545 View attachment 123546 View attachment 123545 View attachment 123546 View attachment 123547

Very cool!!

Welcome to the fun! I really enjoy mine. Nice pics!

Nice. You certainly live in the right area for a snow bike. Interesting idea you have for securing that Tuff Jug, but maybe turn it around so the spout faces rearward. Do you happen to know what the Moto Trax kit weighs without the ski? How does it ride on hardpack (soft or stiff)?

I'm still tweaking but getting real close to where I want to be. Set up is critical on these machines. Because they are so light and rider position really affects ski pressure it makes your machine "your machine". Everybody seems to like different ergos and a riders position really affects how it handles on the trail. Not so much in the deep snow tho. The ride is smoother than a snowmobile. My daughters YZ450 is 319lbs full of fuel with a 129"kit. I haven't weighed mine yet but I'm guessing around 330lbs. I'm 6'4" tall and weigh 210lbs. My riding weight is 275lbs (includes pack and all my gear). I put a stiffer spring in the rear shock (up two sizes over stock) and it seems to be working pretty well (resists bottoming). If you weigh less or don't do much deep snow riding (which is 90% of what I ride) the 129 is nimble in the snow. I noticed that on the 129 I could actually feel the track pivot around quicker and easier when making a sharp turn, whereas the 137 had more of a tendency to try and push straight. With my weight I don't regret the 137 because I could definitly notice the better flotation in deep snow. these bikes actually cruise around easily in the deep snow the yjust won't keep up with a snowmo in the open or climbing. Get the min the trees and tight terrain and they leave a sled behind.

I changed the "look" of my bike and am real pleased with how it came out. Just waiting for the rear fender to change out to match.

Attachments

• 20161228_134921.jpg
    20161228_134921.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 20161228_134941.jpg
    20161228_134941.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 20161228_135016.jpg
    20161228_135016.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 400
I'm still tweaking but getting real close to where I want to be. Set up is critical on these machines. Because they are so light and rider position really affects ski pressure it makes your machine "your machine". Everybody seems to like different ergos and a riders position really affects how it handles on the trail. Not so much in the deep snow tho. The ride is smoother than a snowmobile. My daughters YZ450 is 319lbs full of fuel with a 129"kit. I haven't weighed mine yet but I'm guessing around 330lbs. I'm 6'4" tall and weigh 210lbs. My riding weight is 275lbs (includes pack and all my gear). I put a stiffer spring in the rear shock (up two sizes over stock) and it seems to be working pretty well (resists bottoming). If you weigh less or don't do much deep snow riding (which is 90% of what I ride) the 129 is nimble in the snow. I noticed that on the 129 I could actually feel the track pivot around quicker and easier when making a sharp turn, whereas the 137 had more of a tendency to try and push straight. With my weight I don't regret the 137 because I could definitly notice the better flotation in deep snow. these bikes actually cruise around easily in the deep snow the yjust won't keep up with a snowmo in the open or climbing. Get the min the trees and tight terrain and they leave a sled behind.

I changed the "look" of my bike and am real pleased with how it came out. Just waiting for the rear fender to change out to match.

Very cool. We also have a snow bike section..

Very cool, but where we ride in Michigan, the trails are technically closed to these snow bikes due to not actually being a registered snowmobile. In Michigan the National Forest roads are not open to unlicensed/unregistered bikes. This is very confusing in some areas. Where we rode this past weekend in the Ottowa National Forest, Bessemer MI, they are also technically closed as well. If you can get the bike street legal, then it would be fine. Odd huh.

Oregon is similar. You need an OHV sticker to ride and cannot get a snowmobile license. Perhaps an OHV sticker would work for you. It basically is still a bike just with a different "tire". Idaho doesn't recognize the OHV sticker and requires you to buy a snowmobile license to ride on the "groomed trails", which I dislike to do immensely, so you need to buy an OHV sticker (summer time) and a snowmobile license (winter time).

Back