• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a how to for setting up my 07 Attak skid

amazza76

VIP Member
I just bought an 07 Attak and need some advice/how to for dialing in the rear suspension. My riding weight is @ 270lb and we do alot of high mileage days. I've picked up a heavy weight spring and I am ready to start tearing into the skid but really need advice on how to set spring preload, limiter straps, transfer rod...etc. BTW...anyone in the NW suburbs of Chicago with some expertise with these sleds has an open invitation to join me in my heated garage with all the beer you can to get this thing dialed in. Thanks

In the Apex/Attak FAQ section there is this link for spring setup. The "O" is the optional heavy spring.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=42866
Limiter strap and transfer is set to the way you want the sled to handle. Will need more info to help you set the skid up.
Alot of people like to suck up the limiter strap one or two holes for increased ski pressure and set the tranfer to min for the best fast corner to corner trail riding. These settings will also depend on carbides and skis that you are running.

Along with the new spring you should also have the shock valved for your weight and driving style.

In the diagram you referenced, it refers to a cam and a clip. I'm not sure what these are as the manual doesn't mention either, only the preload adjuster.

On the rear of the shock the is a cam ring and light grooves for the clip positons.

To add more preload you will need to compress the spring to expose the other grooves that are hidden under the cam ring.

Back