• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a quick answer on windshields

Tork

TY 4 Stroke God
for Bluedog.

The standard windshield for the ER is the Mid 14.25 inch,

is that correct?

Oh the tall 16" is that tall enough?

17.75 inch extra tall, anybody tried that one? Is it too tall

Thanks much

I think the ER is only @12.5" And the Mid size is 14.5". I replaced mine with a mid size and gained about 1 3/4 to 2". Measure from top of Speedo to top of windshield. I have"t had a change to ride it with the mid-size yet...no snow. Looks like it should work ok heightwise. Debated on the High sheild at first.... may have to go higher yet.

I just put the Yami "Mid" shield (silver with a clear center) on my GT. It's a lot higher than the stock one. I'd say it's the same height as you would normally see on a touring or two up.

Only problem with it is the screw holes don't line up perfectly, and it's bowed out between the first and second screws on the right hand side. Anybody else have that when they swapped out their windshield?

AE, thanks for posting how to measure the shield!! I had my sled fixed and the shield was one of the items replaced. I knew I went with a taller shield and the one they put on was the "taller ver." but it still seemed shorter than I had. I now know I had the extra tall. :Rockon:

So is the low one tall enough? I am thinking about a low one for my GT, I just dont like the looks of the clear middle on the medium one.

Back