• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help with clutching my turbo nytro

180 nytro

Veteran
So i have a 2008 nytro mtx with a 156 2 1\2 track and just recently installed a mcx 180 kit. I am very happy with the power but it is hitting the rev limiter alot with the clutching that i had suggested that i should use. i would like to find a good clutch setup, all i know is i have 8BU weights that have the heaviest rivets in them and a stock helix, the rest i would have to check, is there any real good combination that someone has tried or can suggest??? thanks

Stock helix?? You need at least a 45

Did you read the thread about my bov and copper donuts 2 great additions to your nytro

180 nytro - welcome to the site.

Please take your time and fill in your location in your user profile, it's a site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management Team

I have tried a 45 and it did make a big difference, i was just seeing if there was any other combinations that people have tried, i did read a bit about the BOV but i wasnt sure if i needed it or not? does it make a difference and how do i go about getting these parts? thanks for the reply!

A BOV is a must on any boosted application.
A BOV will dump boost pressure when you let off throttle, keeps your IC in place, keeps the turbine wheel spinning for faster response when you go back into throttle again. I would recommend a Vortech Race Bypass. You can get if from Ted Jannetty http://turboaddictionparts.com or you may contact Dave Marshall at http://www.hurricaneperformance.ca

180 nytro said:
Ya i thought that was the BOV on the front of the plenum? cuz i just ordered the softer spring from thistle to try that out.

Yup and its on its way....have sold alot of these springs now and they work great!! thanks guys for all the support!! :yam: :4STroke:

Back