• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Help!!

RXW10

Veteran
Just finished putting on Ulmer's stage 3 clutch kit and everything seemed fine until I tried to load it on the trailer. Track seems to spin fine until there is stress put on it. Took the panel off and the primary is not squeezing the belt when there is stress put on the machine. Very fine belt dust every where. Any suggestions on what the problem might be.

Yes, the kit does include a helix w/ directions to place the spring in the #3 on the secondary and the #6 on the helix. Went on pretty easy...don't recall having to wind anything.

Just noticed that the belt is sitting down in the secondary about 1/4 inch when at idle. Could this be the problem?

You have to wind it counter clockwise so the smooth angled area of the helix rides on the balck rub buttons. If you wound it, you'd know you did it. Try it on the garge floor it's a bit easier.

Frosty

OK..Will do. Let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the help Frostbite...leaving for the UP tonite and I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Frostbite, sorry it took so long to reply but I got it fixed and headed out the door to the UP. Just got back, wanted to let you know that, that was the problem and thank you for the help. If it wasn't for this site and the great people like you I do not know what I would do. Thanks again!

Back