• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help!!!

I just picked up my '09 Nytro XTX leftover(white). Im alittle concerned because it has blue ski loops. I know those came on the blue XTX but the white XTX should have red ski loops. I asked them and they said thats what came in the crate. Should I be worried about something? I know it doesnt seem like a big deal but I want to make sure.

Thanks! :rocks:

When my buddy and I both bought our '09s we had the same thing happen. My blue one had blue loops and his white one also had blue loops. He told the salesman that they look like #*$&@ and the dealer switched them for him in about 20 minutes. Kind of weird...

I would definitely wonder how it happened? I bought my 09 xtx as a left over and if it were me I would have the red ones for sure! I like the red ones better but just for the fact that is the way it is supposed to come. I would tell them I want the red loops or at least exchange the blue ones for the red loops. If you dont care I guess it doesnt matter, but it would really make me wonder? The more I think of it the more I am like WTF? Like I said get the red ones, the dealer should have no problem with that. Im sure they would just have to contact yamaha and it would get taken care of. Good luck

its not what it is supposed to come with, so you should have your dealer take care of it for you, and they should. you spent a lot of $ on that baby you want it to be right! unless of course you like em.. personally i would think it would look goofy and out of place! a similar example of this was my friend just bought a '09 ski doo 1200 renegade x. he didnt think it looked right when he picked it up and when he got it home he confirmed that it was a short track! not a renegade... he took it back and now since they cant find the sled he was supposed to have, they are making an X out of a regular renegade..

I bought it from Connecticut Power & Sport in Wallingford CT. I told him I didnt like the looks of it but they said thats what came in the box and theres nothing they can do. Should I be worried about the sled?

cemjr said:
the white 2010 xtx has blue loops on the skis. check in out at yamaha.com

thats because it has blue accents. the '09 had red accents in the graphics, and there isnt anything blue.

if you dont like the looks i would definately have your dealer take care of it for you, and yes they can. if they say theres nothing they can do, what they are saying is theres nothing they want to do. get a 2009 sled brochure and bring in with you to show thats what you payed for. if it were me i would try everything with the dealer, and if they will not do anything about it, i think theres a number you can call to yamaha. good luck, dealers can be a pain if they dont want to help a customer (which should be there #1 priority)

chevmal67 said:
cemjr said:
the white 2010 xtx has blue loops on the skis. check in out at yamaha.com

thats because it has blue accents. the '09 had red accents in the graphics, and there isnt anything blue.

if you dont like the looks i would definately have your dealer take care of it for you, and yes they can. if they say theres nothing they can do, what they are saying is theres nothing they want to do. get a 2009 sled brochure and bring in with you to show thats what you payed for. if it were me i would try everything with the dealer, and if they will not do anything about it, i think theres a number you can call to yamaha. good luck, dealers can be a pain if they dont want to help a customer (which should be there #1 priority)

Thanks. Im going to call Yamaha tomarrow. Do you think I should be worried about the sled?

[quote="Maine-Rider]
Thanks. Im going to call Yamaha tomarrow. Do you think I should be worried about the sled?[/quote]

I prob wouldn't worry about the sled. my guess is whoever packed the crate or whatever just put the wrong ones in. It does kind of make you wonder tho, if they got this wrong, what else did they do? But the sled itself should be just fine i would think..

What do you want to bet someone wanted to buy a set of red loops from the parts department, they didn't have any in stock so insted of making a paying customer wait, off of the sled you eventualy bought they came. Then got replaced with spare blue pair.

I just picked up my 09 XTX yesterday, but it was the blue sled. Mine came with blue loops also just like the the brochure.

I had my choice of the blue or white, and I'm glad I chose blue. Reason: they took the white one out of the crate, and put it on the showroom floor where my blue XTX once sat. Low and behold....BLUE LOOPS on a white and red 09 XTX. Like what gives? Either someone at Yamaha is color blind packing crates, or they simply don't care.

I wouldn't worry about the machine. It's under warranty. As long as you have a good dealer who knows how to properly service, and setup the machine when you take deliver, you should be good.

Curious what you hear from Yamaha about this. I'm gonna be calling them tomorrow myself. The GYTR decals that are normally on the shocks are not there. Are they have quality control issues or what? :o|

HeyBrownDog said:
I just picked up my 09 XTX yesterday, but it was the blue sled. Mine came with blue loops also just like the the brochure.

I had my choice of the blue or white, and I'm glad I chose blue. Reason: they took the white one out of the crate, and put it on the showroom floor where my blue XTX once sat. Low and behold....BLUE LOOPS on a white and red 09 XTX. Like what gives? Either someone at Yamaha is color blind packing crates, or they simply don't care.

I wouldn't worry about the machine. It's under warranty. As long as you have a good dealer who knows how to properly service, and setup the machine when you take deliver, you should be good.

Curious what you hear from Yamaha about this. I'm gonna be calling them tomorrow myself. The GYTR decals that are normally on the shocks are not there. Are they have quality control issues or what? :o|

None of the 09's (Around here anyway) came with the stickers...dealers are supposed to have them.

I noticed yesterday at my local dealer he had a Red RS VENTURE in the showroom with BLUE ski loops and I joke about it telling him that someone was colour blind when they assembled this 1, he told me that YAM sent a bunch with WRONG ski loop colours...they all shipped BLUE!!! loops so he was waiting to get the right colours in to match some of his sleds LOL!

apltx08 said:
I noticed yesterday at my local dealer he had a Red RS VENTURE in the showroom with BLUE ski loops and I joke about it telling him that someone was colour blind when they assembled this 1, he told me that YAM sent a bunch with WRONG ski loop colours...they all shipped BLUE!!! loops so he was waiting to get the right colours in to match some of his sleds LOL!

Hopefully that was the case with my sled.

Back