• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need info on Apex MPI Stage 2

347strokin

Expert
Hey guys,

I'm looking at a 0 mile 07 Apex MTX SE with a new Stage 2a MPI SC on it.

It looks to have an auxillary fuel pump mounted in the nose. I know the sled does have stock injectors though.

What do you guys figure is the max boost I can run on the stock injectors at around 1800 feet elevation?

How are these kits running for you guys?

I'm looking for instant snap/throttle response and reliability.
The sled does not have a head shim but I will be running methanol injection.

Okay, well I bought the sled and what I though was an extra fuel pump was actually the oil tank for the blower.

Would still like to hear any advice/suggestions for this setup from guys who run them and have them dialed in.

347strokin said:
Okay, well I bought the sled and what I though was an extra fuel pump was actually the oil tank for the blower.

Would still like to hear any advice/suggestions for this setup from guys who run them and have them dialed in.

I would strongly suggest you at least retorque the head studs.

Break the motor in on low boost if possible.

Boost is totally dependent on Octane, check the boost Octane calculator in the sticky section.

Ted Jannetty said:
347strokin said:

Boost is totally dependent on Octane, check the boost Octane calculator in the sticky section.

Thanks for the reply.

Would you suggest retorquing the head studs even if there was no headshim installed?

MPI says the lowest boost I can run on this blower is 10lbs, that's a "little" more than I want to run for break in.

I will be running methanol injection so octane shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

347strokin said:
Ted Jannetty said:
347strokin said:

Thanks for the reply.

Would you suggest retorquing the head studs even if there was no headshim installed?

MPI says the lowest boost I can run on this blower is 10lbs, that's a "little" more than I want to run for break in.

I will be running methanol injection so octane shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

Yes, Hence Strongly, the 2 front center studs are lose, and that is where we see head gasket failures most often.

I think I would pull the supercharger belt off and ride it at least 300 miles first.

Ted, do you recommend to retorque after it has been done already and the engine has been run . I know Thomas800 did that with the RX1 powered rail.

MEAT said:
Ted, do you recommend to retorque after it has been done already and the engine has been run . I know Thomas800 did that with the RX1 powered rail.

This may throw a curve ball and this is not my intention.

Once the engine has been heat cycled, then the studs are retorqued No retorque after that is necessary.

But if you do another retorque and they move there may be an underlying problem, Like Detonation, Yes Detonation can loosen or stretch bolts/studs.

I like to retorque after a couple Heat cycles but that is not always an option.

I have stage 2 but I put in 10-1 JE pistons knife rods and a Falicon crank , I run 18 psi boost with race gas and have not had any trouble got 800 miles on her it seems to be OK no issuses , runs fine, I have an extra fuel pump with stock injectors but I think thats as far as I can go,, what do you think?,, running at 900 feet...........tom

ya it is kinda fun been doin some 100 pluses in 660' with no setup got to get my suspension workin better stretched it out to 128" all I do is spin? or flip over backwards

Back