• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need ski pressure!

Bluebullet

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Still have to light of sterring in front. Rear skid rides much better. should I try the CR for less transfer, tighten front springs some? Don't want to mess with limit strap? Maybe try putting my 6 in shaper bars back on now that ski pressure is easier to turn?

Rode an 09 lTX ( same as mine) and handled great, rode great? wth? He has the base model no front clickers and no electronic shock.
Can I match his set up?

What do you guys think?
Anyone have the same sled as me, does it handle?

Getting tired of trying to get this thing to corner, I only might get one more ride this year!
Sno-trackers or tunner skis next year? :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|
Blue

Attachments

• apexfeb2012.jpg
    apexfeb2012.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 208

I have a 2011 Apex SE with the same problem. I installed sno trackers when I bought it. It just won't turn into the corners. I tightened the limiter strap one hole and put in more air pressure in the front shocks. I am going to try adjusting the transfer rod next.

Bluebullet said:
Still have to light of sterring in front. Rear skid rides much better. should I try the CR for less transfer, tighten front springs some? Don't want to mess with limit strap? Maybe try putting my 6 in shaper bars back on now that ski pressure is easier to turn?

Rode an 09 lTX ( same as mine) and handled great, rode great? wth? He has the base model no front clickers and no electronic shock.
Can I match his set up?

What do you guys think?
Anyone have the same sled as me, does it handle?

Getting tired of trying to get this thing to corner, I only might get one more ride this year!
Sno-trackers or tunner skis next year? :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|
Blue

You want the front shock springs as loose as possible or your A-arms as level as you can get them. Slacken your springs off until they are loose then tighten one turn so they don't come loose while there is no weight on the front of the sled.
I would also tighten the limiter up, this helps by putting more pressure on the ski's as well.

Where is your transfer rod set now? I am running mine at minimum transfer, or only have about 3-4 threads showing.

Good luck.

In general, I think when you get in a pickle with handling you should get the manual out and set everything to stock and adjust from there.

From the photos - your Avatar looks like your weight compresses the skid so much the flap is rubbing the snow - it looks to me that you need more pre-load on the rear shock. Check your control rod setting and adjust for less transfer - less threads showing. And yes, remove pre-load on the fronts but make them stiffer.

Give us a review on the fuel caddy.

Thanks guys for the advice. I already have the front springs backed off till they are just loose with hardly any preload. My weight tranfer is just on the min side off half and do have room to move closer to min. I will try and add more rear preload and check sag again. I feel I am close so small changes from here and hope to continue to improve. my plan is to set too max preload as I am 220lbs and could probally should :-o :-o use fat boy spring.
Thanks again guys!
Blue

Blue.I have a 2010 ape LTX GT.I put the kimpex arrows on right from new.It still wasn"t just right. the biggest thing that helped mine was shimming the skis made some difference.pepreload is also off front springs.didn"t change nothing under rear.don"t know if this helps or not .Good Luck.Excuse the typing')

Put on a 2" pivot riser, grind the pin off of the bars and push them as far forward as you can. One of the best changes I have done to my sled.

Tbay, I am thinking of adding 2 in riser, did you add any foam to your seat?
When standing the bars are just little low, 2 in should be about perfect! How is that going to change my ski pressure? lol
Blue

No foam added to seat and I'm 6'2. Moves you forward on the sled onto the tank giving more ski pressure. Before I had to always hold myself forward and now it is just natural.

Thanks Tbay. I am 6ft but think it will help in sit/stand progression for sure :Rockon:

Why don't you want to mess with limiter strap? It plays a significant role in handling. I would recommend sucking it up at least one hole from stock.

My current setup which handles great. (can corner with the best of them)

Front spring preload set to minimum. Springs actually float up and down about 1.5" with no weight on front. (front A arms parallel to ground when at rest)

Limiter strap - one hole up from the shortest

Transfer rod - set to MAX

SAG - per manual (did have a revalve job done by Shocktec)

YAttak07 said:
Why don't you want to mess with limiter strap? It plays a significant role in handling. I would recommend sucking it up at least one hole from stock.

My current setup which handles great. (can corner with the best of them)

Front spring preload set to minimum. Springs actually float up and down about 1.5" with no weight on front. (front A arms parallel to ground when at rest)

Limiter strap - one hole up from the shortest

Transfer rod - set to MAX

SAG - per manual (did have a revalve job done by Shocktec)

So your saying your shox are actually loose in there and when the front is raised off the ground you have 1 1/2 inches in free play up and down?
Are you not worried they will miss the seats they ride on an jam up some how or cause some damage?

yattak07, I didn't want to change my limitter strap as I consider that to be a major change and feel I am pretty close now. Thanks for sharing your set up!
I am going to adjust my rear spring closer to my weight a couple more turns and check sag again. I will look into the fatboy spring this summer. I went light but did change rear preload alot last timefom like rider of 130lbs to 200lbs. :-o :-o Thanks again
blue

Bluebullet said:
yattak07, I didn't want to change my limitter strap as I consider that to be a major change and feel I am pretty close now. Thanks for sharing your set up!
I am going to adjust my rear spring closer to my weight a couple more turns and check sag again. I will look into the fatboy spring this summer. I went light but did change rear preload alot last timefom like rider of 130lbs to 200lbs. :-o :-o Thanks again
blue

Posted at thte same time BB.

As for the bold, raising the strap up or tightening it isn't a major change as in hard to do but one that will make a difference and likely give what your after.

Just put a block of wood under the front off the track as you lower it to the ground to take the weight off the strap then loosen and retighten to the next tightest hole.
Imo you will be glad you did.

Back