• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need ski pressure!

Act, Yes, I am now set at 20 clicks on my ohlins rear and full stiff on electronic dampper. Ride and handle appears to be be better. weeks till real trail ride! LaLaLa

Thanks to all for the set up help! snow all gone here in mass around the house. Next test will be 23rd up in Maine. I would love to get this dialed before next year! I am waiting for my 2 in riser to install hope it comes before trip! I am running woody's Dooly's on front but plan on taking my stud boy 6 in shaper bars to try on my trip! I also have some shims with me too. anyone run 1 of each, I have heard it helps too?
Blue :-o :-o :Rockon: :Rockon: :rules :rules :letsnow: :letsnow:

you need to tighten strap. Im @ 2nd shortest hole, Couple notches upfrom Min transfer adjustment. running pilot skies( stockers are crap). 7" shaper bars. Unit is like on rails and feels like power steering as well. When I let people ride it they think it has P.S. Next year will add the snow trackers. This from i hear is the ticket fromfeedback Iv e heard. My boss has had them on 2 years and they work well on stock skies.
move the strap for sure. Takes 10 min to do. Invest time for this and transfer adj.and you will reap the rewards

Handles like a dream!

Thanks alot to all. Last adjustments made a world of differance! Sled handles and rides great! :jump: :jump: :jump: :-o :-o :-o
Now season is over....
Ready for next year!
Blue ;)! ;)!

Where is the cornering problem?

On deceleration into a corner and not able to corner? If so, limiter setting is probably not going to help.

Acceleration out of corner? Limiter and transfer rod setting will affect this.

I have an 07 Attak GT (Similar to LTX). It took me some time to get the cornering dialed in. I agree that you should start with factory settings. Make sure your sag is correct with your weight. If not, get BigBoy spring (I had to do this).

I tried the loose springs in front - although it lowers the center of gravity, it also softens up the front too much for cornering in my opinion.

Skis and carbides are a big factor - I changed mine to USI X2's. Much more bite than stock 07 skis. Not sure how the 11's skis perform. These machines have so much weight in the front that you need an aggressive ski to get you through the corner - especially if you have studded track. I originally had Studboy Shaper bars with 8" of carbide - too aggressive and darted. Changed to Studboy Deuce bars and now it has perfect combination of bite and no darting.

Irv said:
Bluebullet said:
Still have to light of sterring in front. Rear skid rides much better. should I try the CR for less transfer, tighten front springs some? Don't want to mess with limit strap? Maybe try putting my 6 in shaper bars back on now that ski pressure is easier to turn?

Rode an 09 lTX ( same as mine) and handled great, rode great? wth? He has the base model no front clickers and no electronic shock.
Can I match his set up?

What do you guys think?
Anyone have the same sled as me, does it handle?

Getting tired of trying to get this thing to corner, I only might get one more ride this year!
Sno-trackers or tunner skis next year? :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|
Blue

You want the front shock springs as loose as possible or your A-arms as level as you can get them. Slacken your springs off until they are loose then tighten one turn so they don't come loose while there is no weight on the front of the sled.
I would also tighten the limiter up, this helps by putting more pressure on the ski's as well.

Where is your transfer rod set now? I am running mine at minimum transfer, or only have about 3-4 threads showing.

Good luck.
Yes Yes Yes

tweeks completed

Sled rides 100 % better and corners good now! till next year! :Rockon:

As for skis you might want to take a look at the Kimpex Arrows. My buddy has them on both of his Apex's and they work as good as the snow trackers from my test riding them. They would be cheaper in the long run as they use the BRP carbides and the replacement carbide for the trackers is $175. plus.

TBay Sledhead said:
As for skis you might want to take a look at the Kimpex Arrows. My buddy has them on both of his Apex's and they work as good as the snow trackers from my test riding them. They would be cheaper in the long run as they use the BRP carbides and the replacement carbide for the trackers is $175. plus.

The new Yamaha ski looks a lot like the Kimpex Arrow ski and from what I have read, it is also designed by Kimpex?

Might be the cheaper route to go?

Back