• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need some help with my suspension 06 apex gt

civilsr5

Extreme
I adjusted my transfer rod out to max on saturday and rode all day with no problems. but on sunday the trails got choppy and my rear suspension sounded like it was smashing into the tunnel over medium size bumps. Did i blow out my rear shock. I weigh 275 and its the stock spring but its only got 400 miles on it. If i push the top of the track up with my hand it looks like its hitting the exhaust pipe. is the track suppose to do that ? also what could this banging noise be? And i know im fat and weigh much more than this stock spring is designed to handle so where do i get a "fat boy" spring and which spring rate? Any help you guys can give me is apppreciated. I cant ride it like this til i fix it. thanks

Attachments

• SDC10172.JPG
    SDC10172.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 102

Don't worry about the noise...probably the transfer rod slapping together. Normal, but annoying when you don't know.

But your track hits your exhaust? That shouldn't happen...

stok shock or ohlins?

do you have the stock shock or the Ohlins electronic shock, I had the Ohlins with the 5.5 spring on my 06 apex and it was horrible, the had the shock revalved by Bruce at Pioneer suspension and added the heavy spring (about 1000# spring) and it was like heaven to ride. But remember, you have to have the shock revalved and setup for the spring weight, you can't just add a bigger spring, the spring is for ride height, the valving is for compression and rebound (smoothness) I think the revalving is $95 US dollars and the spring whether its Ohlins or aftermarket is another $100 to 150, but its well worth it as I was a big boy rider too (350#) :-o

the noise occurs on bumps under 20 mph. Why would the transfer rod be slapping together and how do i fix it. If i adjust the rod back towards minimum will it stop it. Also does anyone have a link to how to set up the ride height with the rear ohlins electronic shock? thanks

send shock to bruce at pioneer, I am 250 lbs without gear and the stock shock and spring were way to soft. I sent it to get revalved and and heavier spring, after that the sled was awesome and the electronic adjustment seemed to work alot better.

I'll 3rd sending shock to Bruce at Pioneer. Had him revalve and add big boy spring (I am 280 lbs before gear) and it really woke up the handling of the sled.

The rod will bang no matter what u set it at at lower speeds over large stutter bumps once it start to. The stoppers get wore and make that noise, u can replace them and it will come back in a short time, the noise is anoying but won't hurt anything. There sould be a set up chart in suspension area on this web site. Lift rear off floor and measure spring length, set sled on floor with u on and measure spring length. subtract u on length from lifted length. you want 40-45 mm differance. but there is a max pre-load on spring and if your over it you need bigger spring. If you can't find chart for springs pm me and I'll get u one later, don't have here

Back