• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need tors help!

n2oiroc

Expert
tors started kicking in (code 84) on my 06 attak. randomly, full and part throttle. throttle cable is free and nothing is even close to hitting it. it just goes off when riding and i come to a stop. i have to wait 5 seconds or so until the rpm's drop to idle and then its back to normal. i didnt bypass it because i think something is wrong, it doesnt just sit in the 2,800 rpm range, its fighting to keep it below 3,000. the sled ran great all last season, only wrenching between now and then was a track swap, tighten the belt deflection and an oil change. i double checked and all connectors and hoses seem to be correct. any ideas? its at the dealer, but i really doubt they will find the cause.

mine started doing the same thing, found that after I changed my handlebars a routed a wire wrong causing the throttle to stay open slightly when you let off. Re-routed wire and did not have a problem again. Dealer also had me grease the clear plastic bushings on the throttle to make sure it would not stick.

I have a friend that has trouble with his TORS, and is looking for a way to unhook or unplug it. Does anyone know where to disconect it, and any problems from unpluging it??????????

The procedure is in your manual. There are two sets of wires under the top panel that are male and female. Unplug each and loop them to each other.

ttt got it back from the dealer and they blamed it on a loose throttle cable. they tightened it and to no surprise the problem is still there. anyone have any suggestions? this thing is unrideable!

n2oiroc said:
ttt got it back from the dealer and they blamed it on a loose throttle cable. they tightened it and to no surprise the problem is still there. anyone have any suggestions? this thing is unrideable!

Sounds to me like your Idle speed is too high for too long. This may be triggering the TORS. Have you removed the air box and checked to see if your throttle plates are all moving freely? If not... they may need to be cleaned. Go into the throttle bodies with a rag and carb cleaner first, then with the engine running spray them down (Inside) with the cleaner. Shut down the engine and clean the outside of the throttle bodies with the cleaner as well. Make sure they snap back to Idle position.

bgbytoys said:
Shivesy said:
Here's some pictures that helped me unhook my TORS:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... s&start=45
can't unhook the tps on a efi, it won't run right if you do that. the vector is a different setup

I'm pretty sure the manual says you can bypass it with changing a wire or something...we checked when we got home from up north last year cause my buddy had an Apex throwing a code 84.

The TORS system on my Attak started acting up at 2800 miles - code 84. The dealer checked everything and then adjusted the throttle cable. However, the problem continued and ultimately the igniter box and throttle return spring were replaced (apparently - in the past vectors had a problem with the igniter box and the TORS system). Even with all this work, the problem has continued. The sled is still in the shop.

I saw Code 84 today for the 1st time. Sled has 2100 km on it. It was serviced this week by the dealer & 68 km later the engine bogged & Code 84 showed up. Stopped sled restarted & did not see it again. What do you recommend I do? :o|

I haven't had a problem with mine yet, but can someone tell me where these connectors are located to bypass TORS in case I do have a problem on the trail? I can't really tell what part of the sled we are looking at in the posted pictures.

Jim

TORS

They are directly under the headlight. There is a large group of wires and connectors that are all held together with a rubber boot. They are the only two connectors that have one wire going into them. One connector is black the other is white. One end goes up to the throttle control and the other end goes to the engine.

Back