• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW 09 unveiled online FRIDAY OVERNIGHT at 3am!

Just checked the U.S. patent website and yamaha hasn't registered an new names. Looks like what ever they do will be named the same which means no new models, just replacment models?

Kråkan said:
Id say you are looking at a -08 PHAZER. the link is just to yamaha event page, says nothing about a -09..?

Looks Like a Phazer to me as well.

I believe the new '09 model to be unveiled on 02/08 will be a new 2-up machine featuring the industry's first power steering mechanism.

SledFreak said:
Kråkan said:
Id say you are looking at a -08 PHAZER. the link is just to yamaha event page, says nothing about a -09..?

Looks Like a Phazer to me as well.

Thats what I was thinking as well. If they are coming out with a replacement for the Apex it wont be in stub-nosed chassis like the Nytro or Phazer, Yamaha knows that not everyone wants a extreme bump sled and dont want to lose the people that want a cruiser style sled.

Last years "new model names" that were registered wih the patent office were jet skis.
They're due for a new "two-up" luxury model.
Maybe, a smaller, less expensive entry model.

Go ahead and boo me if ya want, "BUT" they need to bring out a 120 kids sled........... New top of the line two up.. Something with a ss or turbo for the lake guys.. Oh, and new skis.. MM.

Yes I have to agree with SnoXer a 136" nytro will be in the line up. I wouldn't be surprised if they got away from the 4 cylinder. They seem to be moving away from the bike based engines.

OK, here is my guess....

DB2 Venture
Possible higher hp Nytro like sled (160 hpish)
Definate LTX in the nytro and possibly phazer line ups
I think Apex line will still be there with minor changes, maybe more hp some weight, Vector is db2 will definately be back. Apex is some question....

well that is my guess.....

i was at the dealer today and i asked if he knew anything cuz he gets to ride the demos and he said the yamaha rep said that he will def like it so its gotta be something good

yamaha just said on their dealer page that fridays announcment will be ONLY ONE OF MANY NEW AND IMPROVED YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES.

I think some of you guys are going to be disappointed! I would love to see a new light weight 170hp sled, but it probably won't happen. When was the last time you saw a 20hp increase in the flagship model from Yamaha. You may see a new motor introduced with a bit more power, but not 20hp. My take... A newly designed chassis for the Apex with a bit more power (155hp) out of the 4 banger and maybe 10 to 15 lbs weight loss. Maybe a new ski design. A 136" Nytro, and maybe a 100hp class sled. That's it.

... but I hope you are right on the 170hp Apex, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Back