• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new 2 4 strokes, what performance mods r there?

Been with cats since young and used to the 2 strokes. Now that I have finally wised up and ordered a new GT am wondering what type of upgrades are available.
Yes In know about the turbo but not interested. What about clutching, exhausts, super charging or other. Yes its a mew model what based on the RX 1's there should be some experience with other mods. Whats the best bang for the buck.

Also for cornering & handeling. The ripsaw has great reviews but does it need studs. I'm used to a 1' lug with 144 studs. With the saddleless ski's is there some good after market alternatives out there that bolt on.

While it will be a whiel before the machine & snow comes I'm anxious to stark planning ( and saving$) for these new items.

Thanks in advance for your input!
:rocks:

marathon mike, welcome. I too am a newbie to 4 strokes as well as to this site. But I can tell you this, ever since I saw the new '06 Yamaha's I was in complete shock. I am a hard, fast, aggressive rider on snowmobiles and for the last 5 riding seasons have been attached to 2 stroke sleds for solely the lightweight and ruled out any possibility of owning a 4 stroke. Now, since I had the chance to view in person and test drive a '06 Yamaha Apex in Eagle River, WI a couple of weeks ago, I am now a believer in 4 stroke technology. So, this past Saturday I snow checked a '06 Apex GT. The amount of money Yamaha has spent on R&D for such a small market is incredible! Once you ride one you will never go back to anything. By the way, I'm studding my GT with 168 Woody's Stainless studs and putting on USI SPX skiis. Clutching the Apex, go with the best - Simons/CPR, Ullmer racing, or even Goodwin Performance all make exceptional true clutch kits for Yamaha's. Good luck with your choice.

Hi guys... newbie here too. I had a couple of Firecats F7's those last few years, and they ruled the performance market pretty much. I too, did the move on a Apex GT (snow checked) for next year. AMAZING looking sled, full of technology.

I just hope I won't be dissapointed in the performance dept. I'm looking at mods like supercharger or turbo (NOS is a bit too radical for my taste), studs, clutching and maybe skis.

Too bad we have to wait sooooo many months before getting our new sleds !!!

Back