• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new england dragway results 7 14 04

TURBO TURTLE

Extreme
Website
www.northeastturbos.com
WOODY FLY'S WOODY'S 1060 CC TURBO POWERED SLED RAN 157 MPH IN 8.55 SECONDS GOOD RUN WHO SAID FOUR STOKES DON'T GO/// TOP SPEED FOR THE DAY WAS SET BY A 1500 CC PSI POWERED POLARIS 160 MPH IN 8.57 SECONDS; CPR TURBO SLED RAN 135 MPH IN 9.80 NOT SURE ON THE TIME I KNOW IT WAS IN THE NINES GOOD GOOD SHOWING GUYS/////////// THE TURTLE/// :yam:

mike hyman owns the sled your talking, he ran a 9.48 et with it, his sled is just a stock engine warrior, with a standard cpr turbo kit. the cpr turbo was a production, pump gas trail set-up at 8 lbs of boost in a full bodied warrior with a bone stock engine, we will have our race versions at the track soon. the other turbo your talking about is a race version, it is extremely lightened, bored, stroked, running over 20 + pounds of boost, has a larger turbo etc, etc. just goes to show you the potential of these turbo kits when you want to get crazy with them. :4STroke: jeff.

TURBO, It was great meeting you... Best run was a 9.48 at NE-Dragway @ 134.7mph. I should have listened to my sled and made a suspension change. I hooked up too much due to track finally breaking in so I ‘bobbled’ (sp?) and the 60ft time went to crap. The worst run was that one 9.61 @ 134.5mph. I also ran a different gear and was running out at the end. :o| I guess I know what it takes to run a mid 134mph on a RX-Warrior in the 1/4mi :o|

I'll be changing my rear skid settings a little and should be out by the end of this week to give it a go...

btw. not too bad for my trail sled... 8)

--Buster696--

Also, I'll give you a call about the tank when the snow season gets closer...

Turbo,
Question about the Tank: Are you concerned about water/condensation building up in the tank with hot/cold/hot/cold scenario’s?

I've been running the sled from 70deg to 90deg temps and one of the things we talked about is the heat from the turbo. I've been checking very closely the status of the sled when racing and do not seem to have a problem.

Thanks,
--Buster696--

condensation in aluminum tank///////////

I have benn running my aluminum tank two seasons" have had no problems" and my trailer is heated, I have always ran dry gas in all my sleds, for the last 25 years,If your realy worried you can install a small water seperator, in your fuel line GOOD LUCK THE TURTLE////////////// ;)!

mike, aluminium tanks will cause condensation, you will need to take steps as turtle did to prevent buildup of water in your gastank. this is why we chose to run a new roto molded plastic tank just like the stock rx-1 has. if heat shielding around the turbo is designed correctly, heat isn't an issue, we have turbos with over 5000 trail miles, and have held the turbo wide open for 1 mile back to back blasts, absolutely no heat problem whatsever. but i will say,...... i have heard of other frt mounts melting the hood and worse. however, if a heat shield had a poor design, and allowed mass amounts of air to circulate around the header and compressor side of turbo, it would be like having a big hair dryer under your hood and you would see problems and want to do things differently. having realized this potential problem early on in our dyno development, we took steps to build an elaborate heat sheild around our turbo that controls all the heat issues. if you think about it, the stock rx-1 exhaust runs right under the stock plastic fuel tank, and they don't have any problems either. :yam: jeff

Plastic verses alumimum////

I go along with Jeff 100% and would use plastic. because , its cheaper and a lot easier to use. my one issue is . would you rather have an aluminum tank or plastic tank. if you should. have a fuel leak??? and lets face it the stock set up has a fuel pump, that only puts out 4 to 6 pounds pressure and the turbo has a electric pump that is capable of pumping. a lot more fuel into you engine compartment. and increase the chance of a fire and the possible melting of your plastic tank.I will not compromise our kit by selling our kit with a plastic tank thanks THE TURTLE/////

so if you have a fuel leak with an aluminium tank it won't catch fire??? of coarse it will, and the outcome will be the same. if you have a fuel leak your screwed either way, but did you ever consider... aluminium is more pron to viberation cracking than plastic is. however i'm totally lost at your fuel pump comment, the fuel pump and its pressure output have nothing to do with the fuel tank, it doesn't know whether its drawing its fuel from a plastic or aluminium fuel tank. as far as i know.... i can't say i have heard of a turbo fuel tank failure on plastic or aluminium. so i guess there both very durable. jeff

CPR Jeff

I guess this is why I try to stay off this sight . I wont argue with you , its just my opinion. Ive sold dozens of these units and have never had a condensation problem that was an issue . We sell our kit for for 4599,00 with an aluminum tank. Let the customer, make the decision, and I guess what your saying is that plastic is safer than aluminum hummm. I'll take the aluminum GREG

I rode all last winter with the aluminum tank and had no condensation issues. With the heat coming off the turbo, I feel alot safer with a metal tank. :flag:

Greg (Turbo Turtle) is a great guy to deal with and I would recommend this Turbo setup to anyone looking to buy...

Back