• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new modular

littleboyblue

just picked up the new ski doo modular(BV2S) very interesting to say the least. we"ll see what $400 buys you these days

where did u get it for that price,,,i have the original modular helmet,its leaking air around the front closure ,,was looking into the new design,,,

$400 US? seems a little pricey. The modular helments are good, but I found alot of dealers want an arm and leg for them. I paid $350 canuck out the door last season for the old style.

Dan

I thought about getting one but when I looked at it I did not see a good way to install a communicator. Without cutting into the liner

Jim

I gotta tell ya guys in 35 years of riding- that Doo cigarette helmet is one of the best items to come down the pike in the last ten years/ warm , comfortable and you don't need an electric shield/ I ride alot and I wouldn't give it up for anything/ I did see a Nolan helmit at the show and they have a second piece of some kind of special plastic anti-fog shield that goes on the inside of the regular shield/ if it works in the real world it would be great/ maybe someone will buy one and report how well it works/ they sell forabout a $100.00 less than the Doo helmet/later

I dare you boys to post something positive about the modular helmet on the Snowest site :wink: Watch the sparks fly!

Hi-performance Engineering has a nice looking modular for $142.

I had one for two years and they are great. The only time fogging was a problem was in the early evening when it was fairly humid. Even then it wasn't much of a problem. Everyone else had a heated sheild and still had fogging problems under these conditions.

One thing to remember, most of the riding , if not all of it that we do is on trails/ My guess is that if the riding being done was in the Mtns. or where you would be exerting a great deal of energy then you'd want the open "moto-cross type helmet/later

There have been some issues with the release mechanism freezing shut and people could not get the helmet off.

The helmet has opened up during moderate crashes, with people almost loosing facial body parts, such as your nose. :shock:

I may have to try one just to see how it works, my nose is to big anyway.

Back