• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new RS Vector

deweysgt

Extreme
just wondering if anyone has had a chance to test drive the new efi vector? was thinking of trading in my Apex. since the opportunity to drive over 100mph is not that frequent and 0 to 100 should be fairly close, the trade off may be worth the sacrifice in hp. any opinions?

If you want reliability and a more perfected machine and can afford one do it. The longer track is nice.

If you want reliability and a more perfected machine and can afford one do it. The longer track is nice.
If you look at the CC's they are similar which means it's got plenty of balls. Less parts.

deweysgt said:
just wondering if anyone has had a chance to test drive the new efi vector? was thinking of trading in my Apex. since the opportunity to drive over 100mph is not that frequent and 0 to 100 should be fairly close, the trade off may be worth the sacrifice in hp. any opinions?

not sure I would go DOWN to a vector from an APex...alot less power IMO ,i wouldnt like that.

I just ordered a new Vector for Lori,so ill know more in a few mts when i ride it and see how close it is to my APex....

It will be nice to trail ride on long rides,to get the incredible fuel economy....and the new MONO 2 shouldnt have any issues...just gotta remove those ugly front reflectors!..lol

Dan

rs vector

my thoughts exactly about hp. but most of my riding is hard and fast trail riding so 0 to 100 is more imortant than doing 118. They say new efi 3holer is more like 130hp. Slip on the Excell header, a clutch kit combined with less weight and better fuel econ and whala...it's got to make you think twice about your current program IMO. I love my apehanger, was just looking for someone that had a chance to maybe ride or purchase a '09 Vector. Thanks for the feed back Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
deweysgt said:

not sure I would go DOWN to a vector from an APex...alot less power IMO ,i wouldnt like that.

I just ordered a new Vector for Lori,so ill know more in a few mts when i ride it and see how close it is to my APex....

It will be nice to trail ride on long rides,to get the incredible fuel economy....and the new MONO 2 shouldnt have any issues...just gotta remove those ugly front reflectors!..lol

Dan

Hey buddy, check out this video..

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/gal ... contentTop

They race 2010 against a 2009 Vector and then an Apex. No contest to the 09, but does give the Apex a good run..

my local dealer has 4 in stock. Wants 10,500. Just saw them today.

My dealer up here in Canada wants $13,100 for his 2010 Vector and $13,400 for a 2009 Apex (last years model).

The videos were very interesting to watch... 300 ft, 1000 ft.and 1200 ft. Only 3 sled lengths.

I wonder what "other" footage would have revealed.... e.g. 2000 ft and maybe 3000 or 5280 ft (Top Speed) with radar or gps?

Thanks for that video link. It seals any doubts about the 2010 RS Vector and the power it has. I will be getting one. It moved out.

Wouldn't it be interesting if an independent organization (like ours) get each of of Yamaha's sleds and develops a series of videos of production models with comparisons like the ones we saw.

Line em all up,,, the entire line or in groups e.g. Nytros, Ventures, etc. compare them all to each other at different distances, top end, etc. and define the conditions, e.g temp etc.

And to make it even more interesting... bring in some Skidoos, Polaris's and Arctic Cat.

Back