• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Rumor

The cyberattack would have less impact on production, it will have huge impacts on service, warranty processing, order processing, email, etc.

I heard about a cyber attack that resulted in the shutdown on BRP. Polaris is about fire issues.
the attack happened on august 9th, the attack was a pretty severe one. I had to wait 3 weeks for my Etec outboard fuel injector to be mapped...at least I heard it was going to be mapped on Monday. so yeah, the hack shut everything down.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but that doesn't bother me. Yes, my Sidewinder in not built to the same quality level that my deltabox sleds were. But, that is the only knock on the sled IMO. I like everything better about the SW. I'd much rather change a topgear bushing every fall than deal with those stupid exhaust donuts.
Im with you. If I had to ride an apex or a nytro again...........I would find a new hobby. I miss nothing about those sleds,nothing at all. I do the necessary known fixes and go ride and I enjoy every minute of it.

Im with you. If I had to ride an apex or a nytro again...........I would find a new hobby. I miss nothing about those sleds,nothing at all. I do the necessary known fixes and go ride and I enjoy every minute of it.
Looking at all the issues with all the sled companies, I think a bushing or a worn shaft every now and then is much better than dealing with things like fires or bad pistons or crankshaft issues. Internal engine problems or fires cause real confidence issues with the product. The stuff we deal with on the pro cross chassis are more of pain in the butt by comparison. We will see the new chassis soon and I suspect it will picked apart on this forum before any actually rides one. LOL

Looking at all the issues with all the sled companies, I think a bushing or a worn shaft every now and then is much better than dealing with things like fires or bad pistons or crankshaft issues. Internal engine problems or fires cause real confidence issues with the product. The stuff we deal with on the pro cross chassis are more of pain in the butt by comparison. We will see the new chassis soon and I suspect it will picked apart on this forum before any actually rides one. LOL
Yup! LMAO.

Love my Sidewinder but it is all relative. Stupid stuff, like no drain plug for the chain case...really?? And a PIA oil change process. Clutch issues etc.. That said they are awesome once you deal with these things. My 2011 Apex on the other hand is not as good from an operational perspective but absolutely no issues. Raised the seat, raised the handlebars redo shocks and runs like new after 10 years!

Love my Sidewinder but it is all relative. Stupid stuff, like no drain plug for the chain case...really?? And a PIA oil change process. Clutch issues etc.. That said they are awesome once you deal with these things. My 2011 Apex on the other hand is not as good from an operational perspective but absolutely no issues. Raised the seat, raised the handlebars redo shocks and runs like new after 10 years!
You really don’t need a plug in chain case. Better off taking off and looking it over , and I just did the oil change and it was a easy job. Just don’t get why taking a oil filter off and draining the tank is that big of a problem for some?

You really don’t need a plug in chain case. Better off taking off and looking it over , and I just did the oil change and it was a easy job. Just don’t get why taking a oil filter off and draining the tank is that big of a problem for some?
I think it’s the draining process is overly complicated compared to what it should be

For some maybe, I enjoy working on my iron, like any other hobby,

I think it’s the draining process is overly complicated compared to what it should be
Exactly. Never said it wasn’t easy. But it is inconvenient. I do not mind taking the chain case cover off to inspect either but every year is little much considering I have never, other than changing a track or bearings, had to do it on RX1s or Apexes. 18,000 Miles on RX1. No issues. 9,000 miles on Apex no issues. 1,000 miles on Sidewinder, have replace top gear, check chain tensioner, window glass etc.
Again love the sled but a little short sited by engineering.

Back