• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new skin colour

cruizin22

Veteran
I got some extra parts for my sled so I thought I would try something different
I used some spray paint for plastic and a clear coat and went to town
DId 4 coats of white and then 3 coats of the clear coat

What do you think?\Keep in mind my Nytro is the one with the white hood

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 63

Very nice ;)!
Post pictures after the install as well!

Looks good, yes please post pics after the install, was thinking of the same thing for mine but wondering how it will hold up.

The paint coat is not as strong as I would have thought. will scratch very easily.. need to figure a better way to paint it but the end result looks really good IMO

Attachments

• nytro 2.JPG
    nytro 2.JPG
    698.4 KB · Views: 68
Very cool!

It would probably look even cooler with some blue stripes on there, breaking up the white a bit :Rockon:

pita on trying to upload photos today argh

Attachments

• nytro3 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    nytro3 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 62
yes your right about the Blue

Going to see if I can get some replacement stickers like the ones that were on it before

I used thr "krylon" Fusion paint. And their clear uv im gonna look to see if i can get a white "wrap" or complete white sticker type thiing because i really like the look iver the original black

I like the look but wonder how it will hold up without flex in the paint. When the cols hits and all

I did my footwell panels on my old sled (XP) and considering my feet were always knocking around down there they held up well. Just sanded it and sprayed then cleared. After one season there were a couple tiny chips and some hairline cracks. Just a touch-up needed. Your panels should hold up better considering nothing really flexes them unless you sit too far back.

Well I hate to admit it But I did not sand first.

I still have my original set so maybe I will sand them and try again.

thanks for the input and confidence boost :D

cruizin22 said:
Well I hate to admit it But I did not sand first.

I still have my original set so maybe I will sand them and try again.

thanks for the input and confidence boost :D

Yeah they do require sanding. You should be able to easily sand off the paint you already did and start over. I forgot to mention, my white panels were originally black, then I primed with Fusion black, then sprayed with metallic blue automotive spray-bomb. After that I decided to go white instead and just scuffed up the original paint and sprayed over. Worked pretty good.

Attachments

• whitepanels2.JPG
    whitepanels2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 70
  • whitepanels.JPG
    whitepanels.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 58

Back