• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Sliders Coming

alsops

Pro
Website
liverpool.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
2021 Sidewinder XTX LE
I spoke with the PR people at Yamaha Canada and yes there is a new slider coming in August...not for the Nytro possibly but here is his response

FYI
They are new. Currently only available on the 2012 Venture GT, which will arrive in Dealers in around August.
We are hoping to have parts available for December of this year, but can not confirm fitment on Nytro XTX.
Please check back with your Yamaha dealer in the Fall.

I'm sure they'd fit. They'd just need shortening, that's all.

Yeah I'm pretty sure all the 4-strokes are the same pattern. Just a quick second at the chop saw and GTG!

As soon as you get the part number, place an order. I'm sure there will be a great demand for them, IF they work.

I sure hope they are not those crappy, hyperfax.
just like yamaha to not just change the spacing on the wheels or add more of them to the rails. "It must be the slides fault. It can not be our engineers, they are perfect in every design they make."

BETHEVIPER said:
I sure hope they are not those crappy, hyperfax.
just like yamaha to not just change the spacing on the wheels or add more of them to the rails. "It must be the slides fault. It can not be our engineers, they are perfect in every design they make."

i was thinking about ordering a set of the hyperfax. what dont you like about them?

they do not last. they fall apart, they lose the teflon part out of them at the bend, once they start to go, they go fast.
I got 800-1000 miles on my first set on my srx. Paul Cyr told my parts guy he wouldn't warrenty anymore yamaha ones unless they used the larger polaris wheels with them.
I just run larger wheels now, no problems, slides last thousands of miles and dont cost a couple hundred when I do wear through one.

Are the hyperfax those really expensive sliders with the high melting temp? I had a set the first year with the Nytro, and was really happy with them. I got close to 5000kms on them, including alot of late season, icy and low snow condition rides, and probably could've got more, but I changed them the next season as part of my pre season maintenence. I'd buy another set, but the price was just too high, and I'm not putting on as many miles as I did the first year with teh sled.

I have close to 5000 KM on my Kimpex sliders. Mounted on my MTX with track cut down to 1.75" and ski scratchers. I need to replace the track now because it's throwing paddles but the sliders are still there. Stock wheels, 153" track.

Dad's Vector GT has probably 9-10,000 KM on the same sliders, stock Yamaha wheels. Even put an ice ripper on this season without changing the sliders and they are still fine with 1600 KM this season.

We don't run Yamaha's track tension spec around here though, if it ratchets, it's too loose.

Back