• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new venture gt top speed?

agaguk

Extreme
hey group for the next season i need a two up sled and i want to traded my '07 apex for a new left over '09 venture gt still in the crate but my biggest concern is the top speed lost compare to my current apex. i know that i will not buy a top dog sled but is it realist to reach 100 mph with this 144" track.
also how it handle compare to my apex if somebody here has tried both sled .

I have owned both. If the power of the Apex is important you won't be happy with the three cylinder. At normal crusing speeds( 30-60 mph) the Venture GT has good power and aceleration. It gets flat at about 80 mph and creeps faster topping out 90-95 depending on conditions. That said, I'm buying a 2010 Vector GT with the three cylinder fuel injected motor. The Venture GT was too big and cumbersome for me. The power fo the Apex is great but IMO they're a tad too front in heavy.

just thinkin out loud, but would a 2 up seat off the venture bolt onto an apex LTX, I know anything CAN be done, and you might have to put the bigger spring on the mono, but then you'd have yur top end you want.

snoway said:
just thinkin out loud, but would a 2 up seat off the venture bolt onto an apex LTX, I know anything CAN be done, and you might have to put the bigger spring on the mono, but then you'd have yur top end you want.

More to it then bolt on. Tunnel needs to be lengthened and muffler containment area needs to be relocated further to the rear. Pipes to muffler need to be lengthened as well. 136 track under the rear will work but a 144 fills the tunnel better. Then there is the Ventures rear skid which will do a way better job of carrying two people.

It has been done but is no small job or anything near a bolt on project.

Now if Yami built a Appex powered Venture it would be a bolt on job on the assembly line and they would have to only make a longer rear set of pipes.

Somehow they dont seem to think it would sell! :dunno:

If Doo comes out with a 185hp touring along with Cats 180hp touring that is availible now! Those who want two up touring and power are going to jump ship.

I know I'm looking!

The answer is an honest 98 mph for my 2009 RS Venture. Not bad for the way it's geared and clutched. ;)!

Concur with Sasquatch regarding higher HP. Other manufacturers are quickly catching up and offering reliable 4 stroke motors with some interesting innovative suspension improvements. :o|

It's always a personnal choice! ;)!

thanks for reply hondo your responses are always welcome. did you mean 98mph in the dreameter or gps if its by the speedometer it is way off like our apex or a couple of mph + or - like the nytro.

GPS.

Also the speedo is much more accurate on this sled. Tolerences are tightening up, which is a good thing.

It really helps in many touring calculations. ;)!

hondo said:
The answer is an honest 98 mph for my 2009 RS Venture. Not bad for the way it's geared and clutched. ;)!

i checked in the part catalog and the gearing is 23/39 in comparaison a nytro xtx (or even a shorty) as a 21/39 gearing so some rider claim a top speed of 112mph for a stock nytro xtx on hard pack snow so i guest that changing the gearing for a 1:86 ratio could improved the acceleration and top speed.
at least that was the case with our apex... maybe my first mod on my next venture....

09 RS Venture GT Fuel Injected/speed & Track Tunnel Nois

I could only get 98 MPH on the speedo until around 1000 miles then it went to 104 on the speedo and that is on a groomed Lake with a passenger. This sled wide open didn't matter if you had a passenger or not, it hauls the mail. The fuel injected 3-cyl 1048 cc motor is a great motor so far. The one and only thing I didn't like is the track tunnel noise coming out of the back rest mounts where it piviots. I took the side panels off and its no wonder why its noisy. There is a large gap inbetween the seat and the rear trunk and the tunnel the size of a loaf of bread. I'm sticking a big piece of foam in there to deaden the sound of this noise expansion chamber and see how that works. I cain't wait to see if it helps, I cain't take the high pitch noise in my helmet anymore. I'm hoping the foam will work because I like the sled. I was a speed freak all my life. This sled goes fast even when its warm out. Have a good one !

Back