• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New viper

Anyone else wonder what is taking so long for pictures of actual production models to show up? Would love to see fit and finish of what we have been waiting for. It would be nice to know exact weight of the machines as well. I'm guessing that not all of the models have made it off the line yet, assuming that is the hold up.

I would think they would go to Yamaha first to have any other Yamahas put on truck. Wouldnt make sense to have a truck with partial load go to dealer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arctic cat and Yamaha sleds are on the same trailer. The whole truck of sleds rarely goes to one dealer. Truck just stops at both Yamaha and arctic cat dealers.

A guy would think that Yamaha would have "their" new sled out at the dealers ASAP. Send one semi east, one Midwest, one west....how much would that cost. Dumb.

I just saw an ad that said US27 motorsports here in MI had them in stock. I will see for myself Friday on the way up north. Who knows if they give me a deal I might buy one.

Ontario_Viper said:
Anyone else wonder what is taking so long for pictures of actual production models to show up? Would love to see fit and finish of what we have been waiting for. It would be nice to know exact weight of the machines as well. I'm guessing that not all of the models have made it off the line yet, assuming that is the hold up.

545 lbs
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/4 ... eight.html

American Snowmobiler (Oct 2013) weighed it at 545. Yes, Arctic Cat says 510. I guess it's up to you whom to believe.

Suckur said:
American Snowmobiler (Oct 2013) weighed it at 545. Yes, Arctic Cat says 510. I guess it's up to you whom to believe.

Do the math on the weight diff between Suz 800 and Nytro engine and 510lbs sounds right.

It's not like they have not known the real weights and HP for months, they just are not telling us. They have had many iterations of prototypes, the latest ones are always very near production. Not sure why it's such a secret, soon we will all know.

Suckur said:
American Snowmobiler (Oct 2013) weighed it at 545. Yes, Arctic Cat says 510. I guess it's up to you whom to be
lieve.
I don't necassarily believe either one but I do know what one prototype weighed with oil,prestone,chain case lube and 2 gallons of gas and 510 would be about right....but this was a prototype.

Back