• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No topics or posts met your search criteria

Smokey

Expert
I have posted this before and I know others have the problem. When viewing through the Active Topic (24h), I am generally only good for the first page. When I go on to the second page it comes up with the No Topics or posts. To get back into the second page I have to go back to active topic and then page 2. When I start looking at the posts keep getting the message. Makes it very time consuming and annoying to look at the other pages. It is not the computer because I get the same messages at work and recently just got a new computer. I know Tom you said previously you can't duplicate it at your end but this is very frustrating.
:o| :o|

Gonna have to send you back to TY Search Summer School Jim.

Here is the trick, once you click on "view posts in the last 24 hours" and you get the results page, don't click on the topic you want to read. Instead, press the right click mouse button and then select the option "open in new window". What this does is preserves your search cookie so you can go to different pages without loosing your place. ;)!

That active post is a mod to the std board, if its going to be that big of a headache, we can remove it completely as I dont have a fix, and I never get the error so I dont know what to say. Remove it?

Last time I posted this I tried your suggestion Matt and it didn't help. I will try it again thanks.

I get that same problem at work and at home

Yamadoo

MrSled said:
That active post is a mod to the std board, if its going to be that big of a headache, we can remove it completely as I dont have a fix, and I never get the error so I dont know what to say. Remove it?

What if the active topics only updates itself only say once every 15 minutes or so instead of immediately. At least then you wouldn't get that No Topics response quite so often.

Swiss Sledders suggestion works fine here! You have to right click on the one you want to read then choose open in new window.

Sled Dog said:
Swiss Sledders suggestion works fine here! You have to right click on the one you want to read then choose open in new window.

Correct, but you have to be on the right page first especially if there is 4-5 pages to go through. I have dialup so its really slow going and I’m sure that puts a big damper. Hoping to have highspeed in my area soon!

Dan

I get it at work and home as well. Also on the view posts since last visit.

Became a gremlin this winter. Does not happen all the time.

I have dial-up and when I hit 12 or 24 hr then I have to right click and open in new window the page I want to see.
It does not always come up and I get the -- no topics or posts met your search criteria.
So I refresh the 12 or 24hr which would be page 1 and then I have to QUICKLY right click page 2 or 3 etc. before page 1 fully loads back up.I click before the left side round Yamaha emblem appears and /or the little white box on the right next to the last posters name and under the time.
If I wait much longer sometimes I have to start all over again. :o|

For each post I want to read on a page I have to open in a new window also.I can't open it and hit back space or I have start over to reopen page again.

So after I read 2 pages and want to read pages 3-6 etc I have to refresh page 1 and start over again opening pages 3 + 4 read,close the pages then refresh page 1 and open in new windows again to read pages 5 + 6.

Thats what I have to go through.
Some days are much worse than others.

What YAM182 said....Most times it is so slow and frustraiting that I rarely go past page 2.

Smokey said:
I have posted this before and I know others have the problem. When viewing through the Active Topic (24h), I am generally only good for the first page. When I go on to the second page it comes up with the No Topics or posts. To get back into the second page I have to go back to active topic and then page 2. When I start looking at the posts keep getting the message. Makes it very time consuming and annoying to look at the other pages. It is not the computer because I get the same messages at work and recently just got a new computer. I know Tom you said previously you can't duplicate it at your end but this is very frustrating.

What are you doing on TY at work Sir?

Back