• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro 2wheel kit; just installed but doesnt seem right !! ??

wizzard717

I have an 08' nytro shorty that i just extended with tracks USA 136 extensions. That part when pretty smooth and everything seems to line up and is straight. While doing the extension i decided to purchase a 2 wheel kit from SLP to eliminate the 3rd bogey wheel and give my sled a different look with the 2 bogey wheels on the inside of the rails. The kit is actually by Black Diamond (BD-Extreme). I put the wheel kit/axle in and although i thought it went smooth i am now looking at my skid on the garage floor from above and I see that the axle kit is actually spreading the rails what seems too much in my opinion. I'm pretty sure the rails from the front of the suspension to the rear should have the same width dimension. Thats not the case when I installed this kit. The axle almost seems too long, its spreading the rails farther apart then the rest of the skid. Its like 3/8 - 1/2" wider at the rear of the skid compared to the rest of the skid. Its like its fanning out the rails at the end. Does anyone have any experience with this ? I am sure the extensions are in right because there is only one way to install them and everything lines up great. I will be putting in a call with SLP as soon as they open today to get their opinion but in the mean time i figured id see if anyone on TY has experience with this or could chime in ?? Thanks

I installed that and bent it and the rail alittle bit...so I put the 4th wheel kit in...or spend the money and get the one from oft...that's what I'm going too do

You bent the same 2 wheel kit I am talking about ? I didnt realize there was a 4 wheel kit for the rear. I thought the 4 wheel kits were for the front of the skid. I originally wanted OFT's kit but he was on backorder until after the 1st of the year and i cant wait that long. I guess I will just install the stock axle back in. How did you bend the axle and rail ? Must of been launching off a house eh ? haha

If you don't run in the mountains you should have at least 3 wheels in there. Those kits aren't really tough enough for getting beat on trail use. You can make your own 4 wheel kit easily and cheap too, just buy the extra wheel and cut the shaft.

Well I didn't jump off a house but close...lol...I do jump and ride hard thought bumps..didn't last a half season...I wouldn't install it not worth it...

Back