• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro A Arms

DGUNT

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Nytr XTX
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and had a question for you guys.

I've got a 2011 xtx nytro. I have a a arm that is bent on the lower right side. I was thinking about switching it out with a set of MTX a arms and tire rods. just to narrow it up. Just wondering if anyone has done this? or if it's just a waste of time and money.

Thanksfor your input.

it you are going to change to mtx a-arms you might as well go aftermarket +3" forward.

I have a set of uppers with oilite bushings off an 09 RTX, blue, if you are in need..

Not sure how you bent the A-arm but you should make sure that the subframe isn't bent. I don't want to scare you but it's kind of a Nytro thing! There's a ton of info on this forum about it. Good luck!

Not sure how you bent the A-arm but you should make sure that the subframe isn't bent. I don't want to scare you but it's kind of a Nytro thing! There's a ton of info on this forum about it. Good luck!
X2. And if it were me (was, I been there) I would look for used stuff here first then Kijiji then Ebay. I would try narrower arms if the price was right but if you only buy the part you need it would be your best price. If you think this is a good reason to try something different I would lean towards Natedawgedog's suggestion where you could end up with new balljoints, yours are likely a little sloppy anyway. But ya, check to see if you tweaked your subframe.

X2. And if it were me (was, I been there) I would look for used stuff here first then Kijiji then Ebay. I would try narrower arms if the price was right but if you only buy the part you need it would be your best price. If you think this is a good reason to try something different I would lean towards Natedawgedog's suggestion where you could end up with new balljoints, yours are likely a little sloppy anyway. But ya, check to see if you tweaked your subframe.

X3. If you bent an a arm and don't have a gusset kit already installed in the subframe I'd bet it's at least tweaked. It doesn't take much... That said if it's minor it's easy to bring back following some of the details from Grizztracks. Going through this right now myself. I'm installing a gusset kit to strengthen up the subframe now that it's back where it should be and a set of Mountaintech crossover a arms. My subframe was tweaked, judging by the wimpy factory plate, and I didn't see any damage to anything else...

Dgunt

I'm in Bathurst and have a set of Skinz A-Arms off my 2011 MTX. They are 4.5" forward and 39" stance. I switched to a custom front end so don't need them anymore. PM me if interested.

Also, seems to me the XTX and MTX have the same a-arms after 2010. I know the first MTX's in 2008/09 were different but since, the stance was set at 39" for all.

OTM

The XTX arms had sway bar mounts, and the MTXs didn't. MTXs were 40.7" wide, XTXs came in at 41.3". They both used the 8HK spindles.

Thanks Mountaintech:

Fuzzy memory. Must be old age. It's amazing to think how well you could bank the old XTX considering it's ski stance!!!

OTM

What kind of riding do you do?
The typical riding I do is probably 50% groomed and 50% off trail riding. I was looking at the a arms that you have and they seem pretty interesting. What would you suggest for a kit with that style? The 41" and 3" forward?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I haven't checked the sub frame yet. But the way that it was bent was from hitting a tree. It didn't bend it to much (I don't think) because the shock wasn't touching the upper arm. But I will take a look now after you guys have suggested that.

The typical riding I do is probably 50% groomed and 50% off trail riding. I was looking at the a arms that you have and they seem pretty interesting. What would you suggest for a kit with that style? The 41" and 3" forward?

My riding mix is similar, I went with the 41" kit. Looks strong and beautiful!

Back