• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro engine in phazer

Marpo,
I have no idea what your post was supposed to mean. Are you talking about your crash? How does that pertain to this topic?

TRUTH said:
Marpo,
I have no idea what your post was supposed to mean. Are you talking about your crash? How does that pertain to this topic?

The tear down and rebuild of the sleds I just did. I recorded all of it, and will post it on youtube at 12x speed playback.

Marpo,
I'm glad you were able to take care of the issues you had with your machine, but what does that have to do with the insane amount of fabrication it would require to make a TL 1000 motor work in a Phazer chassis?

They did that for 130 HP, I did it just to keep my enigine, have two sleds regested under. Accourding to you that to much work for 130 hp but in realtly me rebuilding a sled completey to get it regester unded under 08 instead of 07 might as be extreamly worthless to you.

The GodPhather said:
a supercharger would solve a lot of problems here.

i dont think a supercharged phazer engine is "bulletprof" enought so i think i will try to fitt a nytro engine in it.

Someone must have both of these sleds, so they could compare them side by side to see if it is even possible to do. I would rather do a motor swap than a turbo I think.

I am not off topic. Using a TL 1000 motor in a Phazer chassis. Do you realize how much work that will take? Where will you put the intake? The sled motor is designed to work in the sled chassis (which was built around the motor) with the intake off the front of the motor and the exhaust directly out the back. The space occupied by the gas tank and steering is where the TL would want an intake. Where would you put the exhaust? The space occupied by the front subframe, front suspension, plastics, gas tank and tunnel is where the TL motor would want an exhaust system. Ok, lets say you figure that out and make all of that work. How are you going to make the drive system work? Lets say you are able to position the motor in such a way you got the intake to fit and found a miracle of space for the exhaust, what are the chances the countershaft sprocket will align with the drive shaft? So you will probably need a system of chains and sprockets to deliver power to the drivetrain, which will be innefficient. All this work for 130HP? Custom fab is awesome, but sometimes its a bad idea. I owned both a Phazer and a Nytro, the width of the Nytro motor would be prohibitive. Supercharge a Phazer, run at 10 PSI on 110. 140 ish HP and reliability is solid.

I agree a TL1000 in a sled doesnt make much sense for much but the position of the motor and being 2 cyl is something that might very well give the "feel" of the Phazer with the power of a Nytro.A factory effort could take care of all the rest of the details such as Fuel inj,removing transmission and using a sled drivetrain.Its a neat thing to see since most of us here are obviously convinced that 4st's are the future.Maybe a V makes sense.

Superchargers and Turbos are as cost prohibitive as a new motor after install costs.

I'm of the school that if I were to need 130hp in a Phazer, I would just buy a used Nytro for $5-6K and be done with it. I'd rather have the second sled anyhow in case one breaks, want to take a friend, or just want to have options on what to ride. Beside, IMO this sled woud be perfect with about 100-105 hp. Much more would cause too much stress on the frame, subframe, in terms of how much the chassis was designed to handle. I'd rather not have the sled come apart underneath me or become more of a maintenance monster than it already is.

I applaud anyone who finds a way to make another motor work in a Phazer. It takes alot fo effort, money, and know-how. I'd love for someone to find a way to install a 2002-2004 R1 motor in there for 150 upgrade ;) Then I'd be willing to go through the sled and make it right.

If I was to put a motor in there, it would be a 2 stroke. Dont get my wrong I love 4st becaues I dont have to shove new pistons in every three races. If some one want to make 130 HP I would try a 2st first becaues I know it will fit.

marpolsdofer said:
If I was to put a motor in there, it would be a 2 stroke. Dont get my wrong I love 4st becaues I dont have to shove new pistons in every three races. If some one want to make 130 HP I would try a 2st first becaues I know it will fit.

Im thinking pro open class!

Back