• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro owners read this it may save you

flyinwrenchz

Extreme
I have an 09 Nytro RTX SE. Last week on a nice ride through some tall pines up in Tug Hill area (thankfully I was not haulin a** like usual) I'm going through a wide sweeping left hander in the middle of the corner my sled turns dead to the right I counter steer and almost flip it. I catch my breath and keep riding Thinkin man that was close almost ruined my new sled. Go into the next corner and the sled is twitching all over the trail and I can't hold any line. I pull over inspect front suspension I find the right front shock not even close to being in the middle of the a-arm further inspection reveals that the bolt backed out of the a-arm causing the control arm to twist backwards and the front end geometry was all out of wack the right side suspension had no stability so the shock hit the back of the control arm putting big dent in it and messing the shock up a little after an hour on the side of the trail pulling my sled apart luckily the nut is caged and didn't get lost kinda ridiculous what I had to go through to access the bolt. After I got the bolt back in and everything back together the front end is definitely bent somewhere the spindle angle is way different from the other side. Called dealer right away when i got back to house and they said no problem they'll take care of it. I dropped it off tonight so we'll see. Good part is I had my go pro camera rolling when I almost flipped it and you can clearly tell I didn't hit anything and it just took off in the middle of the corner also had taken still pics of it on the side of the trail and there is no damage anywhere on it so they have no reason to not warranty it. In short I guess check you a-arm bolts. Sorry for the long post maybe it will help save someone else from the same or worse. All I can say is Yamaha is lucky I was not going fast when it happened or I could have been seriously injured then they would have been fixin more than a sled.

the dealer is the one to install the shocks on the machine.
the machine comes with uninstalled front shocks in the crate.

your dealer screwed up!!

A bolt backed out on one of my upper A arms too, but I had thought it had done so due to my tweaked suspension.

Back