• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro: Quick Star Suspension Question

rock doc

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder XTX SE. Previous 2011 Nytro xtx, 2016 Apex GT, 1998 Polaris Indy 600 xlt
I have the skid out of my 2011 Nytro XTX. I am ditching the ripsaw and installing a cobra 1.35. I also plan to install the star suspension linkage kit. The sled has 6000 miles - should I do the center shock rebuild too? I'd rather put it off if it does not make a big difference.

Having the shock rebuilt will make a huge difference in the way it rides, it's definitely worth every penny.
Last I heard, Bruce at Pioneer was building shocks again.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

With the Star kit, the limiters act as your transfer adjustment. IF your limiters break, the shock can over extend, allowing the linkage to flip. There has been at least one member here that this has happened to. My suggestion, pay Robert to rebuild revalve and shorten that shock.mmore money up front, but could be much cheaper in the long run. By the way, my shocks ship on Monday!!

I sent the shock out to Robert. Thanks for the advice!! Looking forward to getting this sled back together and putting some miles on.

The install was a little more involved than I expected. I am very happy with the kit and the service from Star. I also had the centre shock rebuilt including the heavier sping.

On top of the kit I did the following:
Ulmer stage 1 clutch
Cobra 1.35 track
all new bushing
hindle stealth exhaust

I am just waiting for snow now. Can't wait.

Wow sounds like a bad #*$&@ ride , I sent my shocks out today to Robert should be getting the kit soon if he is not backed up. How much was the hindle? And is it loud ??

I also put some C&A skis on her.

I bought the hindle used for $250. It has a real deep bark but not overly loud. The can is well built with good packing. Mounting hardware could be better but I think it will be ok. Support on this forum has been fantastic.

Back