• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NYTRO RTX OR RTX SE? PRICING Just Snow Checked

NLVMAX

Expert
Buying a Nytro soon. Heard and read alot about the Nytro and think it is an awesome sled. Not completely sure which one yet.
I think the SE with the extras ($4200) on it is a great deal considering it only cost $400 more than the RTX. Wondering what it may ride like even though Yamaha is claiming the SE has the most adjustable suspension in the line-up. Has anyone test drove it yet?
Looking for some pros and cons?

NYTRO RTX SE
09_FxNytroRTXse_blue_4_e449be12.jpg

OR
NYTRO RTX?
09_FxNytroRTX_red_3_1914b331.jpg

I really dont see the 4200 dollars in difference. Think they are streching it somehow... The diff is shocks, tunnel, reinforsement and grafics. Still the 400$ difference is great.. Id go with the SE...

I'm with Krakan, don't see where the $4200 comes from. that kind of marketing only hurts Yamaha;s credibility IMHO.

Get the SE, I tink it just looks better with the race tunnel and with the aditional adjustability of the shocks on the SE yu should be able to literally dial it in to fit your need.

Does the exhaust come out of the tunnel differently like the race sleds? It looks pretty cool im just not a fan of that blue windshield it would look alot better in white.

The suspension components ,on the se, look to be beefed up over the other models,from what I've seen at the ones at Lake Geneva.

I'd go for the SE. For the few extra bucks, you're getting a better all around suspension package, and the exclusivity of having a limited build sled. ;)!

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
I'd go for the SE. For the few extra bucks, you're getting a better all around suspension package, and the exclusivity of having a limited build sled. ;)!

I agree, the competition rear suspension, light weight shocks and tunnel and trick high tech is starting to open my eyes.

I rode the SE on Friday and from what I gather it didnt feel that much different from the RTX. The new steering Geometry didnt feel much different but then again I only rode it for 15 minutes. The front end did feel alot better than the RTX floats alot more compliant. The suspension in the rear is beefed up alot more than an regular Nytro. The front H is really beefed up with gusets. Thats what I gathered. Personally not sure what sled Im going to get its a toss up between the XTX and the SE. I really like the XTX ride, it really bridges the bumps and rides exceptional.

jojo567 said:
I rode the SE on Friday and from what I gather it didnt feel that much different from the RTX. The new steering Geometry didnt feel much different but then again I only rode it for 15 minutes. The front end did feel alot better than the RTX floats alot more compliant. The suspension in the rear is beefed up alot more than an regular Nytro. The front H is really beefed up with gusets. Thats what I gathered. Personally not sure what sled Im going to get its a toss up between the XTX and the SE. I really like the XTX ride, it really bridges the bumps and rides exceptional.

I would imagine the XTX is smoother due to the bridging effect. I have considered the XTX but not sure if I would want the 144 all the time.

What do you think of all day trail riding with the SE? Maybe hard to say considering everone is different with their set-up. Wish I had 15 minutes...

I would imagine the XTX is smoother due to the bridging effect. I have considered the XTX but not sure if I would want the 144 all the time.

What do you think of all day trail riding with the SE? Maybe hard to say considering everone is different with their set-up. Wish I had 15 minutes...[/quote]

I think it will be a great sled in my opinion I like the short track because I like to get air over the hills and it seems like it does that better than the long track but on the other hand the XTX really rides great on small stutters and big bumps. The only time I really could tell it was a long track is on rolling hills it seems to want to stay planted to the trail and alot less ski lift then the SE. Not sure on what to get myself. Im in the same boat. Both really great sleds, would really want one of each LOL...

For those of you that live in New York and ride Tug Hill on the weekends!! Here's where the Nytro shines. I like to get up on the Hill at first crack of light and ride the smoothest trails before the YAHOO"S start ripping up the trails. In the morning before I take off, I'll soften up the shocks for a nice smooth ride. But by the afternoon, the trails are whooped up bad, then I stiffen things up. This helps handling the 3' moguls that are common on Tug Hill. IMO, Yamaha should use Tug Hill to test their products. If it'll hold up to a winter on Tug, then it'll hold up anywhere on the planet. My Nytro did exactly that. Never had one issue riding in the extreme mode. Sled handled everything that was thrown at it. I'm very impressed with this sled. Hadn't I already bought an 08, then a 09 Nytro RTX SE would be in my garage. Very sharpe looking sled in my opinion.

Not sure if any of yuo guys saw the AMSNOW test results in their current magazine, but I'll post some mph and times to compare the Nytro too.

Sence none of the 600 cc sleds came close to the Nytro RTX then I'll post the mph of a Apex LTX, Ski Doo Renegade and a Polaris Switchback

Nytro top speed for the 1/4 mile was 96.33
800R Renegade X was 98.36
Apex LTX was 98.91
700 Switchback was 96.45

I'd say the Nytro runs well against the other brand so called big bore sleds. The closest 600cc sled was a Polaris Shift that ran 92.04 mph

Back