• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro seat -VERY HARD!

coyotekid

Extreme
After a week of riding 10 hours a day earlier this year, I found myself in some very uncomfortable pain due to the hardness of the seat. It seemed as though it might be getting a little softer as the week went on, but I was so sore that I really can't be sure. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix or if it will go away? I really like the shape of the seat and the seating position, but after a couple of days the hardness really starts to take a toll.

coyotekid said:
After a week of riding 10 hours a day earlier this year, I found myself in some very uncomfortable pain due to the hardness of the seat. It seemed as though it might be getting a little softer as the week went on, but I was so sore that I really can't be sure. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix or if it will go away? I really like the shape of the seat and the seating position, but after a couple of days the hardness really starts to take a toll.

the seat is the firm one, if you got one off swaped someone off a apex that one is the same but has solfter foam, or you could trade someone with the vector set up. I rasied the bars on my vector and put on a apex seat, there are many guys doing this and I sure someone would make the trade. Buy make sure its the set you should be looking at and not the skid.

I put a mountain apex seat on my wifes vector, it is the same way, a little stiff, i may change hers for my attak seat this fall, give her the softer one. It did seem to loosen up a little after the season of use, but it is definately firmer than my attak seat.

I thought the apex seat felt the same as the mtn seat.The nytro is a little firmer and tthe apex rtx way hard.

Yup that's pretty much the only complaint I have with my Nytro. The seat is way hard!! On rough trails it's hard on the tail bone. I sat on an Apex at the Ottawa show yesterday and although it looks like the same seat it felt softer.

was kinda hard at first but after 3500 miles the seat has settle a bit softer. I think it takes time for the foam to settle in smoother.

Hey Guy, what kind of mileage did you end up with this winter? Overall how do you like the Nytro?

I got just under 2400 kms on for the season. Lost a little riding time due to a new baby in Feb but for the winter we had I figure I did OK.

rik said:
Hey Guy, what kind of mileage did you end up with this winter? Overall how do you like the Nytro?

I got just under 2400 kms on for the season. Lost a little riding time due to a new baby in Feb but for the winter we had I figure I did OK.

Hi Rik,

I did 3517 miles.

Overall the sled was great. It'a bit tippy but that makes thing interesting... I cranked up the compression to 76 psi in front shocks.

I got a lot of problems around Quebec city with it on my 16 days trip. It was hesitating then backfiring and then died. This could be a long story but 2 yamaha dealers never found the problem....on my expense 'cause if the dealer does not find any problem, Yamaha will not pay...

So I ended up with another brand new Vector to finish my last 700km. Delivered from Maniwaki to Quebec city by my dealer. Great service !!!

I got back my Nytro and did another loop for 1500 km and the problem never came back. Nobodys know what happened, root cause? Electricity? Bad gas? Water? TORS??? A lot of testing was done on it and nothing was found.

My 2 brothers Nytros ran fine all the time. We put the same gas, same this and that.

It is a freakin' cold sled on the hands.

Yeah, I love it. I just hope it is not a lemon............we'll see next winter.

Note: There is a design flaw with the air box on the Nytro. Lots of snow are getting in the nose cone bellypan and inside the air box. Maybe the vaccum link between the engine and airbox was filled with ice and water 'causing the sled to "cough" up on me in the middle of a major snowstorm. You gotta check this Rik if you ride in fresh snow/powder. You might find in your airbox a snowball the size of a "lemon". No kidding !!!!

Regards,
Guy

I have taken my old cylinder up in the snowie range mtn a few times with 4 to 5 ft freah snow and never had a problem

pro116 said:
I thought the apex seat felt the same as the mtn seat.The nytro is a little firmer and tthe apex rtx way hard.

I found the seat on my 07 RTX was absolutely perfect once it broke in.

For the first probably 1000 km I thought it was a little hard, but after that perfect.

I do a lot of sit down riding, including over rougher trails, and can't stand it when a seat bottoms out. The 07 RTX seat handled all of the bumps and after it broke in I never found it too firm.

I'm not sure why, but when I compared an 07 RTX to an 07 Nytro I found the seats similar in firmness (I didn't ride them at the time).

The 07nytro and apex rtx are different.I have drove them back to back and have drove couple different trx's and a couple different nytro's.

pro116 said:
The 07nytro and apex rtx are different.I have drove them back to back and have drove couple different trx's and a couple different nytro's.

Strange. I wonder why I don't find my 07 RTX's seat to firm? I tend to do a lot of 10+ hour days of riding.

Hi Rik,

I did 3517 miles.

Overall the sled was great. It'a bit tippy but that makes thing interesting... I cranked up the compression to 76 psi in front shocks.

I got a lot of problems around Quebec city with it on my 16 days trip. It was hesitating then backfiring and then died. This could be a long story but 2 yamaha dealers never found the problem....on my expense 'cause if the dealer does not find any problem, Yamaha will not pay...

So I ended up with another brand new Vector to finish my last 700km. Delivered from Maniwaki to Quebec city by my dealer. Great service !!!

I got back my Nytro and did another loop for 1500 km and the problem never came back. Nobodys know what happened, root cause? Electricity? Bad gas? Water? TORS??? A lot of testing was done on it and nothing was found.

My 2 brothers Nytros ran fine all the time. We put the same gas, same this and that.

It is a freakin' cold sled on the hands.

Yeah, I love it. I just hope it is not a lemon............we'll see next winter.

Note: There is a design flaw with the air box on the Nytro. Lots of snow are getting in the nose cone bellypan and inside the air box. Maybe the vaccum link between the engine and airbox was filled with ice and water 'causing the sled to "cough" up on me in the middle of a major snowstorm. You gotta check this Rik if you ride in fresh snow/powder. You might find in your airbox a snowball the size of a "lemon". No kidding !!!!

Regards,
Guy[/quote]

Well you had a good season in terms of mileage. Too bad you had those hiccups in Quebec city. It's unsettling when something goes wrong with your sled and the problem can't be found. Like you said maybe it was sucking in snow dust and causing your problems. I hope you didn't get a lemon. What did you think of the vector in comparison? BTW, wow nice service from your dealer!

Although I put on much less mileage mine ran flawlessly and surprisingly I didn't freeze on it ... and we had some pretty cold nights and mornings at the end of January up north of the Baskatong. The sled is amazing on gas though. A buddy has a 600 sdi rev and he consistently put in 2-3 litres more fuel at every fuel stop. I was quite impressed since the sdi is the benchmark in the industry for gas consumption.

I found the sled pretty tippy at first and it pushed in the corners. I added some duece bars, put my floats up to 90 psi and that really helped with the inside ski lift and push. I also adjusted my control rods to minimal transfer and tightened up my limiter straps one notch which also helped. Now I just have a little "controlable" ski lift under hard cornering.

Well, now the long wait until next season.

Enjoy your summer,
Rich

I bought my Nytro late in the season last year and had a very sore tailbone after the first 800 miles in 3 days of riding. This year I noticed no such problem when riding. I figured the foam must have shaped or softened some. Love the ride and the take off. My mileage blew away a SkiDoo rider on one ride we did. He couldn't believe the difference. I put the taller windshield on the past fall and had the handwarmer update done. Really made a difference and had no cold hands this winter. Actually kept the handwarmers on very low when they were needed.

Back